Sponsored by:

hood scoop? you know you want it

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 01:13 PM
84rzv500r
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Priya
Just because you can doesn't mean you should...
and im a mod guy... i think i am down to two unmodified parts... door hinges and windsheld... and they are on the list...
Old 08-30-2017, 02:18 PM
L-46man
Melting Slicks

Received 1,218 Likes on 844 Posts

The Actual Corvette summer car went thru B-J (I think) last year....I saw it.

1. It was tough getting the projectile vomit off the car.
2. It went for LESS than an 'original' car would've.
3. Being put together for a movie, KNOWING that the closest the camera would get is like 30 feet from the car, it's assembly quality was ATROCIOUS.

ooof!
Old 08-30-2017, 03:07 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,470 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by L-46man
The Actual Corvette summer car went thru B-J (I think) last year...
I saw the car at Bloomington back when Mike Yeager owned it. And, yes, other than paint and bodywork, it was rough.

Last edited by Easy Mike; 08-30-2017 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:35 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

I grew up in a way with the car, and researched all i could,
I got bored with it and feeling i learned all i care to know stopped following it,

But some trivia i do believe,
Yeager owned the car seen the most in the movie the red one, the second the gold one went to Australia and was involved in varies accidents and reworkings i believe it was the mold plug car and last i saw looks like some poorly done copy,

I understand and believe yeagers car took a real pounding during filming, basically sand blasting a real candy metal flake paint job, in one scene you can see the chin spoiler part barely hanging on,

So the story goes yeager getting tired of people trashing how poor shape the paint was in had is restored,

The new paint was a cheaper metallic not real candy flake, a few other things like side mirrors, moon roofs etc got changed,
Ruined it as a movie survivor,

I believe a few years back a copy car went through auction but i didnt know if yeagers real deal did, i thought monkey garage something was involved, said it was the movie car but it wasnt,

Through the years i have seen lots of copies, nothing on the money some dont even have the correct tilt clip,

So if you want to tribute a movie car at least get it correct.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:49 PM
The Phantom
Drifting

Received 598 Likes on 393 Posts

So here we are ... page three talking about a car that apparently no one likes but everyone knows about! LOL

CUSTOMS RULE BABY!!!

Dave
Old 08-30-2017, 04:43 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Originally Posted by The Phantom
So here we are ... page three talking about a car that apparently no one likes but everyone knows about! LOL

CUSTOMS RULE BABY!!!

Dave
Like i have said for years for a car 9 out of 10 hate they do have to get that 2 cents out on it,
I wouldnt want the cs car but love what it is to me,
Old 08-30-2017, 08:32 PM
Mod75
Le Mans Master

Received 571 Likes on 287 Posts
Finalist 2021 C3 of the Year - Modified
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by The13Bats
Like i have said for years for a car 9 out of 10 hate they do have to get that 2 cents out on it,
I wouldnt want the cs car but love what it is to me,
Wait for me guys, no i also wouldn't want the cs car, but i would drive it for a month or so just to **** everybody off. I have only seen it in the movies and on here.

Its a car, you customize it, and you like it, so you drive it

Last edited by Mod75; 08-30-2017 at 08:34 PM. Reason: I cant spell
Old 08-30-2017, 08:41 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Originally Posted by Mod75
Wait for me guys, no i also wouldn't want the cs car, but i would drive it for a month or so just to **** everybody off. I have only seen it in the movies and on here.

Its a car, you customize it, and you like it, so you drive it
I pretty much agree dead on, but seeing your car is one of my favs it would be hard not to just drive it....
Old 08-31-2017, 12:38 AM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Received 251 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroh
Like how Hollywood Knights was made in 1980 about the early 60's. or American Graffiti was made in 73 (I think) about that same period approximately.

A modernized version of Corvette Summer could only be a campy comedy, at best.

The problem is that like many things, the first guy to the table gets all the food.

American Graffiti was a first. Its sequel a few years later fell flat, but there are people who have chopped it up to make a sequel about John Milner that comes across well.

Also, what made it work wasn't just the early '60s story and theme, but it was placed in when it was becoming nostalgic. Hot Rod Magazine had just had articles about how you could actually afford that 1963 Sting Ray you fell in love with 10 years before. Love and the Happy Days (pilot for Happy Days) was an episode on Love: American Style. The public was primed.

Just like Route 66 stuff in the '90s. It seemed like you couldn't get enough. Books, tours, and stuff. So a "continuation" of the story came out, with Buz's kid getting the red '61 that Buz had kept in a garage since those days.

Of course, that was all wrong as it was Tod's car and it was never red, and they ended with a '63.

And then the storyline of two guys drifting around, working odd jobs, getting involved with other people and helping them out was almost alien, as we had about 10 years of Yuppiedom and the Internet was starting for most. Stocks, were climbing, incomes were climbing, and two guys just bumming around was something most couldn't relate to.

Timing was all wrong and they had only four episodes.

Similar to Damnation Alley. End of the world movies worked before and after, but Damnation Alley, which could have been good, was in a lull and timed right when Star Wars came out.

Many other stories like that. Easy Rider was great in 1968. But today, two dope smoking hippies riding to Mardi Gras and dealing with the Man, rednecks, and their long hair and such would go nowhere.

You really need a new idea.

Last edited by Procrastination Racing; 08-31-2017 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:03 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

the modern day version was fast n furious sure millenials will be raving about some 4 dr pos they had.
Their kids who laugh as they get in their George Jetson mobile . Now get off my lawn

Last edited by cv67; 08-31-2017 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:58 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Its all generational, and whos the first to do it,

One thing about the classic car flicks its odd you missed they were not as i saw it geared as a family night to the theater for dumbo or heidi but far more in gear, lol, with drive in movies, ran between "i spit on your grave" and the cookie cutter poorly dudded later night kung fu flicks

I saw all the car flicks first at the drive in, the big ones like American graffiti but ones less people know like two lane black top or faster pussycat! kill! kill!

At the time Drive ins were almost a social meeting spot, hanging at the snack bar, or trying to get a girly in you car,
A row of guys way back wrenching,

I always noticed every little group of buddies had its toad, its curt, steve and john. Even bob was running around,

Car movies to me hit a zenith in the 80s and then died hard and fast, replaced with sci fi and action adventure, minds were being directed in a different direction,

drive in movies were getting tore down, and the young pup rev heads of the 90s had to start dealing with things like factory fuel injection,

because the cars i learned on for cheap were going up in value,

Times and mindsets changed, young guys still hot rod they just do it differently than we did/do,

And their generation has its beloved car flicks like the fast and furious films, transformers. Repop death race and mad max films, etc,

Like smitty said in hollywood knights,
" Everything changes, you know that. Nothing stays the same. "

Enough bats babble for one day,

Last edited by The13Bats; 08-31-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Quick Reply: hood scoop? you know you want it