C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FINALLY! My '69 vert

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 09:53 AM
RJ1AZ
Drifting

Location: PHOENIX, AZ Yes, it's true. You are a good woman. Then again, you may be the Antichrist.
Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by nwav8tor
Just read your thread from day one. You sure have a beauty there and your restoration efforts are really paying off handsomely! I really like the color, very close to my '71 Mulsanne Blue...

Paul
Thanks Paul. It's definitely a journey and not a race. I tend to get distracted with other projects, but it's always satisfying to come back to the vette and cross another item off the to-do list.
Rick
Let's see a pic of your 71!

Old 06-20-2020, 04:06 PM
nwav8tor
Old Fart Pilot
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 345 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by RJ1AZ
Thanks Paul. It's definitely a journey and not a race. I tend to get distracted with other projects, but it's always satisfying to come back to the vette and cross another item off the to-do list.
Rick
Let's see a pic of your 71!
There's one in my avatar from back in 1979 or so. Presently it looks like this:

and this:

Paul
Old 06-20-2020, 10:17 PM
RJ1AZ
Drifting

Location: PHOENIX, AZ Yes, it's true. You are a good woman. Then again, you may be the Antichrist.

Originally Posted by nwav8tor
There's one in my avatar from back in 1979 or so. Presently it looks like this...
Oh my. You jumped in the DEEP end! Lol. I'd love to do that someday myself, but I don't know if I'd ever get it finished.

I got the driver's lower A arm finished, but not without some hiccups. Anybody else ever install the bushing cups first, then remember that the rod piece has to be inserted before the cups?

Old 07-20-2020, 10:54 PM
RJ1AZ
Drifting

Got the driver's side done. Working on the passenger side parts. Still cleaning the A arms so I can paint them.

New Bilstein HD shocks, new springs, new bushings. Looking forward to driving it and seeing how the feel has changed.

Quick Reply: FINALLY! My '69 vert