C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

74 Corvette RatRod - YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 08:35 PM
79L824SPD
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree completely with what he did. It was probably a wrecked Corvette to begin with. All he did was make it a driver again instead of sending it to the scrap yard.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:53 AM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,769 Likes on 946 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by The13Bats
really? why?

why does what a person do to their car get some people so upset?

I get the whole a person is bored and posts wild weird and messed up c3's to enjoy, critique, like it, hate it all that but I do not get why some folks seem to take another persons car so personal...

like my 66,
Perhaps an answer would tell me why that fellow got so upset over my modded 66 ( flared headlights in grill etc, only primered car allowed in cruise the organizers liked it so much ) the attendants told him if he couldn't tone down and stop the freaking and cussing he would have to leave the cruise...his rant was that typical why did someone ruin a corvette.

While the car in this thread wouldn't be worth much to me and far less with the extra non c3 stuff the roll bar and 5 speed make my mind engage,
add a front clip, more fitting tail lights and do a red white blue greenwood style paint job, then it's a cool restro mod

I admire the will to be creative and try something. Just because I don't like it, doesn't mean its wrong. Like black wheels. I hate black wheels because it makes the wheel and tire blend together and harder to see the style of the wheel. But thats just my opinion. I don't don't tell people who have black wheels it's stupid. I just won't put them on MY car, and everyone is happy.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:12 AM
jr73
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by The13Bats
really? why?

why does what a person do to their car get some people so upset?

I get the whole a person is bored and posts wild weird and messed up c3's to enjoy, critique, like it, hate it all that but I do not get why some folks seem to take another persons car so personal...
Oh . . . . I get it Bats this is your car . . . I wont say anymore
come on you know I was just kidding no need to get upset
Old 06-05-2016, 09:43 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by jr73
Oh . . . . I get it Bats this is your car . . . I wont say anymore
come on you know I was just kidding no need to get upset
I wish that was mine, it's a driver... I really do,
you know good and well if that was my car it would be down under a trap and not a runner driver...but then again, I would have a vette front clip ( of some sort ) on it and make a fun driver out of it, stick race tires on it decals really make it look street illegal,
Tina would love to drive it to work...no kidding, I have a great wife.

I'm not upset rather perplexed, you had me thinking you were upset with the jail remark, and I am not trying to offend anyone with my question that I really do have,

Why does this type thing , what other people do with their own car upset some people so badly...you have to admit when you think about it it's really odd.

I didn't say people shouldn't hate the hell out of something they do not find pleasing, ( look how Kubs is over black wheels ) I'm talking about the cats who get really carried away over it, trashing bashing etc and really angry "you ruined a corvette " you have seen them here.

Last edited by The13Bats; 06-05-2016 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:59 PM
jr73
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 166 Posts

Bats,
2 guys walk into an art museum and walk up to the same painting. One may scratch his head and walk away not seeing the message while the other guy stares in spellbound admiration as to how the artist completely got his message across.
So one guy looks at this Vette and says the owner is expressing himself while the other says the owner is disrespecting the car.
I guess they're both right.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:46 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by jr73
Bats,
2 guys walk into an art museum and walk up to the same painting. One may scratch his head and walk away not seeing the message while the other guy stares in spellbound admiration as to how the artist completely got his message across.
So one guy looks at this Vette and says the owner is expressing himself while the other says the owner is disrespecting the car.
I guess they're both right.
so it's right for a fellow to get raging angry and have a tantrum over how some other guy built his car?

Okay...

Then it's right for me to
At those guys....

Last edited by The13Bats; 06-06-2016 at 01:47 AM.

Quick Reply: 74 Corvette RatRod - YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!