Sponsored by:

Chicago Members - Check Out a Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 03:19 PM
66 milano
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Chicago Members - Check Out a Car

I am also posting this request in the Chicago Regional forum.

Volo Auto Museum has a 69 red over black convertible for sale.

I live in Ottawa and I don't know this dealer; that said, I would very much appreciate a Chicago area member checking the car out.

You can PM me or email me at:

wayne.emms@rogers.com

Thanks
Old 03-28-2016, 03:48 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,823 Likes on 1,611 Posts

No frame or undercarriage pictures
http://www.volocars.com/vehicles/133...rolet-corvette
Old 03-28-2016, 09:42 PM
'75
Le Mans Master

Received 584 Likes on 505 Posts

I may be available on Sunday to go look at it.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:53 AM
Revi
Drifting

Received 148 Likes on 136 Posts

FYI - The A.I.R. pump and associated equipment is missing, the water pump is incorrect for a 69, the valve covers are also incorrect for a 69. Small block oil fill cap should be on the drivers side.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:11 AM
'75
Le Mans Master

Received 584 Likes on 505 Posts

Any more 69 specific items to look for. I will bring a camera and screwdriver and see if they will let me remove the kick panels and also get some under car shots. If the OP is still interested.

I went and inspected a LT1 at Volo a couple years ago, it's always a fun trip, lots of cars to look at.

Dean
Old 03-29-2016, 12:58 PM
66 milano
Racer

Originally Posted by '75
Any more 69 specific items to look for. I will bring a camera and screwdriver and see if they will let me remove the kick panels and also get some under car shots. If the OP is still interested.

I went and inspected a LT1 at Volo a couple years ago, it's always a fun trip, lots of cars to look at.

Dean
Hello Dean

One of the members is going to see the car this week.

However, if you have spare time and want to check her out; that would be most appreciative.

Wayne
Old 03-29-2016, 01:02 PM
66 milano
Racer

Default Thanks Revi

Originally Posted by Revi
FYI - The A.I.R. pump and associated equipment is missing, the water pump is incorrect for a 69, the valve covers are also incorrect for a 69. Small block oil fill cap should be on the drivers side.
This is why I love the Forum. There are so many members with knowledge of these cars. I must confess that I have about a 70 IQ when it comes to auto mechanics. I never would have spotted those issues that you did Revi.

Needless to say; very, very much appreciated.

Wayne
Old 03-29-2016, 01:47 PM
blue67ragtop
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist

I bought a 69 Chevelle a few years ago at Volo. Salesman was named Joey, a good guy, he was very honest in the description before I traveled to Chicago to look at it. They put it on a rack for me and gave me as much time as I wanted for inspection. They are also pretty flexible on price. I offered about $3000 less than the asking price. After pointing out a couple of things about the car I wanted to improve they accepted my offer.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:51 PM
66 milano
Racer

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by blue67ragtop
I bought a 69 Chevelle a few years ago at Volo. Salesman was named Joey, a good guy, he was very honest in the description before I traveled to Chicago to look at it. They put it on a rack for me and gave me as much time as I wanted for inspection. They are also pretty flexible on price. I offered about $3000 less than the asking price. After pointing out a couple of things about the car I wanted to improve they accepted my offer.
Thanks for the feedback.

I am also dealing with Joey.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:33 AM
66 milano
Racer

I know that I have one member going to see the car this week; there might also be another. Two sets of eyes are better than one.

Thanks to the members for their great advice and knowledge.

I'll let you know what they find.

Wayne
Old 03-30-2016, 11:54 AM
blue67ragtop
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by 66 milano
I know that I have one member going to see the car this week; there might also be another. Two sets of eyes are better than one.

Thanks to the members for their great advice and knowledge.

I'll let you know what they find.

Wayne
Wayne, You should if at all possible catch a flight from Ottawa to ORD if you decide to move forward on the car. Actually seeing it for yourself would be a big benefit. When I bought my Chevelle at Volo we also took it for a test drive. That can also reveal a lot about the car. Don't forget to factor transportation etc. costs.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:53 PM
66 milano
Racer

Default Thanks for the Advice

Originally Posted by blue67ragtop
Wayne, You should if at all possible catch a flight from Ottawa to ORD if you decide to move forward on the car. Actually seeing it for yourself would be a big benefit. When I bought my Chevelle at Volo we also took it for a test drive. That can also reveal a lot about the car. Don't forget to factor transportation etc. costs.
I agree with what you are saying; unfortunately, my Corvette knowledge wouldn't fill a coffee cup. I know just enough about these cars to be dangerous. One of the members mentioned the missing A.I.R. System and the valve covers not being correct. Those issues are way beyond my Corvette knowledge. Yes, it would be nice to drive the car. That would be worth the trip; however, for me to view the car and look for anything that is incorrect; well, that wouldn't be very productive.

And I hear you on the US / Canadian dollar thing, plus the transportation costs.

I have a plan B; there is a 70 low-horse coupe (red over red) in Ottawa; I have seen the car twice including the past Saturday. It's gorgeous, paint, chrome, gaps, interior; all pretty well perfect; he even has the protect-o-plate. The nit; it's an automatic, which would make my wife happy, but given my preference, I would like a stick. The smart plan; pay in Canadian dollars; drive the car 20 minutes from his place to mine.

In any event, I want to hear from the member(s) who is looking at the car. Then I will make a decision; hopefully, the right one.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:25 PM
resdoggie
Had a 1976 L-82, 4-sp

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.
Received 1,202 Likes on 926 Posts
Royal Canadian Navy

There's a nice black vert for sale in the GTA if you look in the for sale section. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-for-sale.html

Last edited by resdoggie; 03-30-2016 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:28 PM
66 milano
Racer

Default Thanks for the Lead

Originally Posted by resdoggie
There's a nice black vert for sale in the GTA if you look in the for sale section. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-for-sale.html

Thanks, I will take a look.

Get notified of new replies

To Chicago Members - Check Out a Car

Quick Reply: Chicago Members - Check Out a Car