Sponsored by:

Heater core

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 11:38 AM
SWO vette
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Heater core

First happy thanksgiving! Second glad to be back. I have not been active for a long while but going to get my 72 back in shape after deferring some issues. Apparently my google-fu is weak today. I need to replace the heater core on my AC equipped 72 small block. I have seen references to a c-4 blower motor upgrade and does anyone have a link to that process. Also a good supplier for the core, which I guess will come from China, but I think that a vendor had some usa made ones-Mr. zip??? Any help would be appreciated. Planning to start driving th car a lot more since I have retired. I have owned this car from 73 to 76 and dated my wife in it and sold it when we got married and bought it back in 88 and restored it then. I am going to add a cruise control as well but that is easy. Heater core is scary to me, but just looking for info to get ready. Thanks.
Old 11-27-2014, 03:20 PM
pokey1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a heater core for my 81 from corvette central 3 years ago and have been satisfied. I honestly don't remember where it was made.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:25 PM
red topless gator
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by SWO vette
First happy thanksgiving! Second glad to be back. I have not been active for a long while but going to get my 72 back in shape after deferring some issues. Apparently my google-fu is weak today. I need to replace the heater core on my AC equipped 72 small block. I have seen references to a c-4 blower motor upgrade and does anyone have a link to that process. Also a good supplier for the core, which I guess will come from China, but I think that a vendor had some usa made ones-Mr. zip??? Any help would be appreciated. Planning to start driving th car a lot more since I have retired. I have owned this car from 73 to 76 and dated my wife in it and sold it when we got married and bought it back in 88 and restored it then. I am going to add a cruise control as well but that is easy. Heater core is scary to me, but just looking for info to get ready. Thanks.
I bought one for my 74 a couple months ago from corvette central and am very satisfied.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:37 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by pokey1
I bought a heater core for my 81 from corvette central 3 years ago and have been satisfied. I honestly don't remember where it was made.
Mexico.

Last edited by Paul L; 11-27-2014 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:51 PM
Roozstr
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

C4 blower in a c3
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...d-working.html
Old 11-27-2014, 08:17 PM
Mod75
Le Mans Master

Received 570 Likes on 286 Posts
Finalist 2021 C3 of the Year - Modified
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Just replaced mine this summer, got it from O'Reillys, those come from Mexico, no problems so far.

After you install the core in the carriage holder take it to your local radiator repair shop and have them test it, no charge.

While there talking with the guy about the heater cores he said mine was a Mexican unit and was the better of the two choices Mexican/China. No U.S. made? I don't know.

That's all i got.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:30 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Mod75
Just replaced mine this summer, got it from O'Reillys, those come from Mexico, no problems so far.

After you install the core in the carriage holder take it to your local radiator repair shop and have them test it, no charge.

While there talking with the guy about the heater cores he said mine was a Mexican unit and was the better of the two choices Mexican/China. No U.S. made? I don't know.

That's all i got.
I don't think you can find a USA-made unit any longer. The Mexican unit from Corvette Central has not been a problem so far (two years). The most important consideration for me was that it actually fit properly.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:38 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 136 Likes on 74 Posts

enjoy!
Old 11-27-2014, 08:43 PM
blue427
Burning Brakes

Received 128 Likes on 102 Posts

I brought mine from a place in N.J. and after installing it,it leaked all over the place,so as a previous poster mentioned"check before installing".That was 4 hours of my life I'll never get back.

Get notified of new replies

To Heater core

Quick Reply: Heater core