Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

old school vette

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 06:13 AM
76CSRvette
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Old school to me is the dude from grand torino that was based on my next door neighbor. Jk but they were dead on on his impression. Zapp and roger is old school. You could say c3s are old school but the 30s bombers are old school imo.
Is old school also considered classic?
I know my c3 is old but i always considered it new school compared to the c1 c2 vettes they were so modern even to this time and the classic bottle figure is timeless more people will recognize and old school c3 quicker than any vette as soon as they see them old school curves regardless if its chrome or "rubber" bumper. So idk i consider my self old school and im barely 29. I always walked to the door of my gfs and knocked never honked texted or called and once things got serious id ask there pops for permission and the time theyd like me to bring em home ever since i was 18. I hate walking into a room and shaking everyones hand and people looking at me like im crazy because i don't even know them and im saying hello or telling random people as i pass em good morning afternoon night to complete strangers as i pass them. I know i went way off topic but old school is a little bit of everything and anything from cars to way of life just depends on whos eyes your looking from is an 85 regal old school to some yeah.

Last edited by 76CSRvette; 11-18-2014 at 06:16 AM.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:46 AM
hwcoop
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

to me this would be old school....

Old 11-18-2014, 10:14 AM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey! That's somebodies grandmom!

Old Skool isn't the year of the car but how it's built. A '69 Camaro with a carbed small block and 15" rims/air shocks would be old school. New school the car would have LS power, a slammed suspension and 18-19 or 20" rims.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:44 PM
Mashman
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When I think "old school", I think about manufacturing. Like - "that's the 'old school' way of making something."

I think of automation as 'new school', so anything built before GM started to automate the lines, would in my opinion be 'old school'.

Automation came in the 80's, so I think a clear line between the C3, and C4 generation is appropriate.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:48 PM
Mashman
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 76CSRvette
Old school to me is the dude from grand torino that was based on my next door neighbor.
Did you just refer to Clint Eastwood as - 'the dude from grand torino'?!
Old 11-18-2014, 03:25 PM
79C3tnd
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by tokim
"Old school", is a reference of how things were done in the past.
The past is different for someone like myself, born in the fifties, to say, someone born in the eighties.
Therefore "Old school", for me is what was done to Hot Rods, of the thirties, forties, and fifties. Didn't have to be owner built, but in most cases, it was.
"Old school", in relation to Corvettes, is a small window of time, considering they first came into the market place in '53.
I was born in the mid-sixties, so I get this. But to answer your question, I think that C1, 2, and 3s are "old school". The C4 was the first "modern" Corvette, were all fuel injected, computer controlled, etc... Just my opinion. ( I am up in the air about whether the 82 CFI Vette is old or new school). Hmmm....
Old 11-18-2014, 09:29 PM
Vettereturned
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Ontario73
I have always felt that, when it comes to cars, 'old school' is a time of carburetors and no computers. Cars that can be repaired on the side of the road using duct tape and a paper clip!
My thoughts exactly...

Old 11-19-2014, 01:14 AM
wolfrano02
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hwcoop
to me this would be old school....

No doubt its the old school!
Old 11-21-2014, 09:13 AM
Jamess411
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Old school to me is getting out your tools and making the car yours. Changing something to your liking with some kind of creativity involved. Something loud, obnoxious, and makes cops turn their heads lol.

Quick Reply: old school vette