Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front end bushing rebuild 1977 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 07:24 PM
tracdogg2
Drifting

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts

Well Joe, I was trying very hard to be nice pointing out a mistake you made. But after your remarks you posted about me in your latest thread about rebuilding the rear, I have absolutely no remorse telling a person with your attitude you did it wrong. Quit telling people how to do something until you learn how to do it correctly first.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:23 AM
MakoJoe
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tracdogg2
Well Joe, I was trying very hard to be nice pointing out a mistake you made. But after your remarks you posted about me in your latest thread about rebuilding the rear, I have absolutely no remorse telling a person with your attitude you did it wrong. Quit telling people how to do something until you learn how to do it correctly first.
Why would you even dig up a completed project that went well and I completed with good results if you had an attitude Bro?

Have you ever in your time torn apart a rusted suspension? I think not. Not going ask your experience but us guys that actually perform the work and not pay others to do it learn pretty quick if we are freaking mechanically incline on how to tear it down and successfully put the this poorly designed car back together again. there were many mistakes that could have been corrected but since the look is what people bought kept it going. Cooling issues on a c3 were always blocked by vacuum actuated head lights why because they saw no need to do it better. Gm did not care to perfect it in the 1968 through 1982 designs because they sold cars Yes designers corrected the run with a the C4 and carried it on to the C7 cars

I installed a 4 core radiator and transmission cooler on my 1977 to cool it done below 200 Degrees. Did you ever read that 205 is too hot on these old engines and performance is best when it runs about between 180 and 190 at the radiator? Yup internal expansion of the piston sleeves best run on early engines too cold will increase internal wear and too hot well just runs like ****
Old 10-17-2015, 07:54 AM
rene040269
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MakoJoe
Have you ever in your time torn apart a rusted suspension? I think not. Not going to ask your experience
Well you better should have asked....

I guess Tracdogg2 forgot more about Corvettes than 90% of the forum members knows about them.....
Old 10-17-2015, 03:22 PM
tracdogg2
Drifting

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts

Hi Joe,
Thanks for the pm. It was hilarious! I have never read such a misuse of the English language. You are definitely a master when it comes to swearing. Loved the part about you and your Facebook buddies calling me a Troll!
So you think I have never torn out a rusted rear suspension? I have 5 vettes in my shop right now that make yours look factory fresh. I've only been doing this professionally for 39 years.
And now you tell me in the pm that you have to cut out the trailing arm pins (once again, they are called bolts) after spending hours removing the shims. Anyone that knows which end of a wrench to use would have figured that out in 5 minutes. Welcome to the world of Corvette. And now you are schooling me on Corvette overheating problems? What exactly is a piston sleeve? People are dying to know. I'm glad I didn't mention the brake hose in the pic.
Since you insist on proving to the world your total lack of mechanical ability I'll leave you with this thought. If your ever post another procedure that may cause injury to someone I will call you out every time.

Quick Reply: Front end bushing rebuild 1977 Corvette