Sponsored by:

Corvette Forum at Carlisle??

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 08:55 PM
MCVDiesel
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Forum at Carlisle??

I'm all amped up about attending my first Corvettes at Carlisle after hearing about it for years! Just never felt appropriate for me since i never owned a vette! Well thankfully after wanting one for 40 years I own a 76 and I'm a'goin! Is there a central meeting spot or booth where one can typically meet and greet fellow forum members?
Old 08-19-2014, 09:03 PM
PUNISHER VETTE
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 08-19-2014, 09:06 PM
MCVDiesel
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ruht Roh...did I say domething untoward??? ;-)
Diesel
Old 08-19-2014, 09:43 PM
PUNISHER VETTE
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MCVDiesel
Ruht Roh...did I say domething untoward??? ;-)
Diesel
No. I just live 2hrs away and was thinking of also going for the first time.

I'm not huge into car shows so still on the edge. All I really want to see is another corvette or two in Cyber Gray to see how I like it in person.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:43 PM
GRipp 73
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 64 Posts

While yes Carlisle is a Corvette show, it also isn't. It is a bit more than just a show. Some people do sit in chairs behind their Corvettes and want to chat with people as they pass by, but a majority are walking around, looking thru the swap area, the for sale area, and then the grand stands to watch the burn outs, demo's, and a lot more.

Take a look at the booklet and schedule of events on their website:

http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlis...s-Carlisle.pdf
Old 08-19-2014, 10:55 PM
69Pman
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

The Carlisle show is an experience every corvette guy/gal should experience. It's just that, an experience. Acres and acres of corvettes lined up to be looked at, bought, sold, etc. You don't have to own one to enjoy. You'll find parts for every year/generation. The best part is meeting people. The network of vette enthusiasts is just awesome.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:52 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,336 Posts

Originally Posted by MCVDiesel
I'm all amped up about attending my first Corvettes at Carlisle after hearing about it for years!
Not owning a Corvette, was no reason not to go. A lot of people who are just fans of them, show up every year.

Is there a central meeting spot or booth where one can typically meet and greet fellow forum members?
The Forum itself, doesn't have a space on the grounds, but a lot of the individual members do. If you check the posts on "Corvette Carlisle", not just in the C3 section, but in all of the Forums including the Northeast, you will find the vendor spaces listed, for a lot of the members.

A couple years ago, someone arranged for Forum members to gather at the stage in the center of the fairgrounds, and took a group picture. There were rumblings of doing it again, but I never heard where it went anywhere.

I'm on Row A, spaces 19-22. Stop by and say hi. I'll have a couple tents, for protection from the sun (or rain ), and lots of cold beverages.

Originally Posted by PUNISHER VETTE
No. I just live 2hrs away and was thinking of also going for the first time.

I'm not huge into car shows so still on the edge. All I really want to see is another corvette or two in Cyber Gray to see how I like it in person.
As a couple others have said, Carlisle is a lot more than a car show. New parts, used parts, manufacturer's displays, special displays, cars for sale, an autocross, seminars, and lots more, including the car show.

I'm not big on wandering car shows either, and I haven't walked the show field, in more than 20 years. I make a point to visit the NCRS Gallery, the Chips Choice Display, and the annual 50th Anniversary Display (celebrating the 64's this year), but most of my time is spent in my vendor spaces, or roaming the swap meet.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:06 AM
Mick71
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15,'21

Originally Posted by 69Pman
The Carlisle show is an experience every corvette guy/gal should experience. It's just that, an experience. Acres and acres of corvettes lined up to be looked at, bought, sold, etc. You don't have to own one to enjoy. You'll find parts for every year/generation. The best part is meeting people. The network of vette enthusiasts is just awesome.

Don't forget to bring cash and your walking shoes!

Make sure to get the sausage with onions and peppers.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:01 AM
Jay71
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

In the past, we've met at the grandstands @ noon for a quick meet/greet & group pic. Why don't we try it again ?
Old 08-20-2014, 10:04 AM
70Yellowbird
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The on-line Schedule of Events indicates a Corvette Forum 'group photo' at the Grandstand on Saturday at 12:30pm
Old 08-20-2014, 10:05 AM
GRipp 73
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by gbvette62
A couple years ago, someone arranged for Forum members to gather at the stage in the center of the fairgrounds, and took a group picture. There were rumblings of doing it again, but I never heard where it went anywhere.
In the official booklet they have Saturday, August 23rd at 12:30pm listed as "Corvette Forum Official Group Photo / front of Grandstands".

I plan to be on site all day Friday, and depending on how much I buy or see on Friday will determine if I make it back for the photo op.

Have fun and be safe everyone.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:35 PM
atthemattin
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I live 6 miles from the fair grounds, so I'll be there. I don't think I will be in the parade this year however. My vette is being a dick. Anyways, I said this in another thread, if you guys need help of have any questions about the area, just ask.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:00 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,357 Likes on 2,785 Posts

Originally Posted by Mick71

Don't forget to bring cash and your walking shoes!

Make sure to get the sausage with onions and peppers.
You forgot the obligatory umbrella.

Agree on the sausage; no onions, though.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Forum at Carlisle??

Quick Reply: Corvette Forum at Carlisle??