C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recomendation: Sound system, pipes, and transmission?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 01:20 AM
Shdggsdv
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Recomendation: Sound system, pipes, and transmission?

Hey guys! I'll be purchasing my 1978-79 Vette as my first personally purchased car some time before October and I'm attempting to plan out all of the money I will immediately need to spend on it. I'm choosing to allocate $3,000 for any potential maintenance I will need for the car to become at least decently reliable right off the bat. Aside from that there's three things I seem to need help with figuring out exactly how much I may need.

So first thing's first. I plan to put on Hooker (Or identical equivalent) side-pipes with heat shields and some sound-dampening inserts to make my car legal in my state. What specific model of pipes, inserts, and shields would you guys suggest? My budget for this would hope to be under $1,300. Secondary option could be to have dual muffled exhaust with an electric cutout (For oomph, of course!), but I prefer the look of side-pipes.

Second; I'm sadly starting to fit the description of an audiophile. Haha
My price limit for putting an audio system in the Vette will be $4,000 and I have no idea where to start on car audio systems. I have affinity for electrostatic hybrid systems, but I've never seen that put into a car. I guess I've been thinking about Ribbon hybrids as well, but again have no idea where to start. What would you guys recommend looking into in terms of high-quality car audio?

As for transmission; I don't want to have a manual. While I enjoy driving a stick, I just can't stand that in the car I wish to make my daily. There's a good chance that I will want to switch trannies in the car I choose to buy to get an automatic. I, again, have no idea where to start on accounting for price. Can I get some help on an estimate?

Quick Reply: Recomendation: Sound system, pipes, and transmission?