Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metallic red '74, worth pursuing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 11:02 AM
LS4 PILOT
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

No many BB. Cars , especially convertibles made the last year for MKIV motors in corvettes. ....production was lowest since 1965, Many have NOM today....motors long gone...Survivor 454 is a short list of cars .

I saw one in person at Carlisle and one 73 model in my search s..in person in 30 years......rest are just pics on the internet..now seen all the time.

He has a rare car and knows it. But not the money to fix her up. He probaby would never find another ...like it he can afford .....and has trouble letting it go. Look there probally is only a handful of original cars left equipped like this. Regardless of value ...it's a hard car to locate.....he knows this.

Before the internet this model was scarce as hens teeth.....most people had never seen a 454 74 convertible . The few left in original condition were squirreled away . The internet changed everything. Cell phones ...pics ....all the treasures now out for public consumption.

Sorry for you and to bad for the car , it can't be fixed up and enjoyed.

Last edited by LS4 PILOT; 07-22-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:36 AM
blue67ragtop
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist

What I don't get is why he let your friend take all these pictures if he had no intention of selling the car. I had a similar situation occur to me when. I was in college back in the early 70's. A guy had a very nice 57 Bel Air coupe parked in a field behind his house that he was "going to fix up." I tried over the years to buy it. Forty years later the remains(not much left) of that car are still there.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:18 PM
keithinspace
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 90 Posts

Bummer. It is a real shame since it is a particularly special car. Almost (but not quite) like having a '63 split-window getting rained on every day until the owner 'gets around to restoring it'.

Every day it sits in crappy conditions adds $5 or $10 to the cost of restoration!!!

Nutty.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:09 PM
F22
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 211 Posts

I think of all the cars, that have to sit in the elements and suffer, the Corvettes are the worse! The fiberglass bodies, rust-prone frames and complex rear suspensions, put them at the top of the rot-and-rust list.

Quick Reply: Metallic red '74, worth pursuing?