Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

69 BB TH 400 Dipstick Tube

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 10:20 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 69 BB TH 400 Dipstick Tube

I had the 427 out of my 69 and while it was out, I pulled out the auto trans dipstick tube to check the o-ring seal. Yesterday, I re-installed the engine and bolted up the bellhousing and motor mounts but forgot to re-install the Turbo 400 dipstick tube. I spent two hours trying to snake it back in from the top and bottom with no success. It's so tight between the bellhousing and firewall that I can't even see the hole in the side of the trans for it to go into

Are there any suggestions for how to re-install the dipstick tube short of lifting the engine off the mounts again (and then unbolting the actual motor mounts) and lowering it down for access (it will only go down an inch or so before the balancer hits the front cross member) or worse yet, removing the bellhousing bolts again and sliding the engine away from the trans? (I dread doing this again)....

Please help
Old 06-25-2014, 06:28 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 427390
I had the 427 out of my 69 and while it was out, I pulled out the auto trans dipstick tube to check the o-ring seal. Yesterday, I re-installed the engine and bolted up the bellhousing and motor mounts but forgot to re-install the Turbo 400 dipstick tube. I spent two hours trying to snake it back in from the top and bottom with no success. It's so tight between the bellhousing and firewall that I can't even see the hole in the side of the trans for it to go into

Are there any suggestions for how to re-install the dipstick tube short of lifting the engine off the mounts again (and then unbolting the actual motor mounts) and lowering it down for access (it will only go down an inch or so before the balancer hits the front cross member) or worse yet, removing the bellhousing bolts again and sliding the engine away from the trans? (I dread doing this again)....

Please help
bumping this up to see if the CF after work crew can HELP

Quick Reply: 69 BB TH 400 Dipstick Tube