Anyone got time for an Old Vet in Fla.?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 07:46 PM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,174 Likes on 2,736 Posts

Originally Posted by maverickmk
Yes, definitely If you ever make it to central Florida please look me up.
Thanks Men.....I have to subscribe to this thread....that way..................................... ...

It will be easier to plot your locations on the map!

Old 07-21-2014, 01:42 AM
TurboStitchCW
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey door gunner...I saw in another thread that you are still out on the road.....are you gonna come back through Navarre on the way home?
Old 07-21-2014, 08:47 AM
Swamppro
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are at navarre but headed back to New Orleans wed. Would be great to meet up with someone else from the big easy. Kids are wearing me out with the beach. Been here since last wed and they still get up at 6am wanting to hit the beach!
Old 07-21-2014, 08:48 AM
Swamppro
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for your service!!
Old 07-22-2014, 01:27 PM
TurboStitchCW
Burning Brakes

Well *****! I was gonna get out today and try and get in touch, but my wife pointed out that my temp Texas registration expired on the 13th.....guess i was breaking the law yesterday when i ran down to ace hardware....
Old 07-22-2014, 08:02 PM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by TurboStitchCW
Hey door gunner...I saw in another thread that you are still out on the road.....are you gonna come back through Navarre on the way home?
We're still in Gatlinburg.....maybe I can talk her into spending a couple days in Navarre....let me look at a map

Originally Posted by Swamppro
We are at navarre but headed back to New Orleans wed. Would be great to meet up with someone else from the big easy. Kids are wearing me out with the beach. Been here since last wed and they still get up at 6am wanting to hit the beach!
LOL! ROOKIES! (I feel your pain! I'm north of N.O. now, but will be down there as soon as all the project "bugs are removed")

Originally Posted by Swamppro
Thank you for your service!!

God bless you! (Can't say the same for my Guvment though....sorry--I caught a baa-a-a-ad case of Attitude in Nam)

Well *****! I was gonna get out today and try and get in touch, but my wife pointed out that my temp Texas registration expired on the 13th.....guess i was breaking the law yesterday when i ran down to ace hardware....

WATCH IT! They like to ticket foreigners!
Old 07-23-2014, 04:32 AM
drkness01
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im a quick jump away. P-cola about 15 min from the I-10.

If anyone is comming through this area let me know. Im a new C3 owner and would love to get some tips from the "old timers". All the people my age grew up watching the fast and the furious, so they have no appreciation for real style to match the speed.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:41 AM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by drkness01

If anyone is comming through this area let me know. Im a new C3 owner and would love to get some tips from the "old timers". All the people my age grew up watching the fast and the furious, so they have no appreciation for real style to match the speed.
LOL......I've wanted a Vette since 1968.....and finally gotten a project-car........So----I'm new to Corvettes also.....

I can't wait to get the bugs out of it to visit the Loo-z-anna membersfirst.....you Gulf Coast members next.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:51 PM
TurboStitchCW
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by drkness01

hey drkness01......I know how you feel. Believe it or not, those movies are what actually got me interested in cars in the first place. Don't laugh.....but here was my car in 2007 and where I really got started modding and realizing my calling:

I eventually saw the light and this is my car now:

I'll be 33 this year.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:46 PM
drkness01
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My aunt had a chrome bumpered C3 that my uncle and nephew restored before they passed away.

Riding from Bowling Green to Martin KY with her and having the T-tops off is my most cherished childhood memory.

Its taken me 10 years in the navy to get to the point where I can make memories like that for my own kids.
Riding from P-Cola to Tampa in a seabring convertable is not the same as doing it in a vette.

Just realized if a cop saw a kid standing on the seat of a vette with there head out the top these days the driver would be crucified.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:39 AM
Doug Kraft
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

There is a car show in Niceville Fl on the 6th of Sept and the 12th annual Vetts at the Beach, Pennsacola Beach on the 13th. That should give us enough time to finish what we're working on and figure out a place to meet.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:27 PM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Doug Kraft
There is a car show in Niceville Fl on the 6th of Sept and the 12th annual Vetts at the Beach, Pennsacola Beach on the 13th. That should give us enough time to finish what we're working on and figure out a place to meet.
I hope!

Old 07-28-2014, 06:05 PM
TurboStitchCW
Burning Brakes

I'm gonna miss the one in Niceville, but the wife has already agreed to Vettes at the Beach in Pensacola on Sep 13th because I re-start school in Orlando on Sep 29th.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:57 PM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

I'm gonna miss the one in Niceville, but the wife has already agreed to Vettes at the Beach in Pensacola on Sep 13th because I re-start school in Orlando on Sep 29th.
I'm still working out the "kinks".............

I'm aiming for a 2 hour shakedown cruise (#3) this week-end=======

but late September might be more realistic on the Florida trip

Quick Reply: Anyone got time for an Old Vet in Fla.?