Sponsored by:

repainting riverside gold

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 03:01 AM
elle88
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default repainting riverside gold

even if my 69 has a beautiful paint job ( kinda maroon-burgundy) i've never been in love with that color. original color was cortez silver-gunmetal interior.
but i'm in love with riverside gold , really, and i was just thinking to go for that color. even if the gunmetal interior was not one of the suggested colors with riverside gold ( black or saddle tan suggested) i believe gunmetal should look good anyway.
now the question... where to get exhactly the right shade of riverside gold paint? it's very easy in my opinion to miss the right color.

here a couple of pics of my car. I know...it looks good...but if painted riverside gold would be like this:

http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.c...d10&CarID=r173

Last edited by elle88; 06-08-2014 at 03:10 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:47 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,470 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

The original acrylic lacquer codes are here: http://www.corvettepaintcodes.com/

Your paint shop may be able to match the codes.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:07 AM
shmoky
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Riverside Gold is my favorite color too. Wish I could see one in person. I just drool over any RG pictures. If I was to repaint my car I would do the same as you.

Enjoy your new color.

shmoky
Old 06-08-2014, 11:16 AM
Sunstroked
Melting Slicks

Received 146 Likes on 114 Posts

If you like riverside gold then repaint it riverside gold. I know yours was originally silver, so a color change isn't really an issue.
I was talking with a painter on Friday, we were talking colors and some of the ugly looking colors which came out in the 70's. Very dated nowadays. Some of today's modern paints, while being a similar color, have highlight tints and pearls which really make a color pop.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:52 PM
ddawson
Le Mans Master

Received 604 Likes on 490 Posts

I have a bunch pf pictures in my bucket.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:56 AM
elle88
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Easy Mike
The original acrylic lacquer codes are here: http://www.corvettepaintcodes.com/

Your paint shop may be able to match the codes.

Thanks !!!
Old 06-09-2014, 03:01 AM
elle88
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sunstroked
If you like riverside gold then repaint it riverside gold. I know yours was originally silver, so a color change isn't really an issue.
I was talking with a painter on Friday, we were talking colors and some of the ugly looking colors which came out in the 70's. Very dated nowadays. Some of today's modern paints, while being a similar color, have highlight tints and pearls which really make a color pop.
yes a newly made riverside gold should be quite brilliant and not so dull like the old paints. here in my town (southern Italy) there are some small city cars that are painted kind of gold and they look nice. So this colour seems back again
Old 06-09-2014, 09:02 AM
exposingtime
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
2015 C3 of the Year Finalist

You might want to get in touch with John Ballard if you are trying to get the factory correct riverside gold.

Photos are from the NCRS regional in kissimmee this year. I am parked between two Riverside Gold 69s. My friend Bobs car is on the left and the coupe on the right is an L88. Its hard to tell from the pic as the L88 is mostly shaded, but the two cars were a totally different shade of gold. I know that Bobs car was recently painted and that he had Ballard help with the color matching.

Gary

Old 06-10-2014, 04:45 AM
elle88
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by exposingtime
You might want to get in touch with John Ballard if you are trying to get the factory correct riverside gold.

Photos are from the NCRS regional in kissimmee this year. I am parked between two Riverside Gold 69s. My friend Bobs car is on the left and the coupe on the right is an L88. Its hard to tell from the pic as the L88 is mostly shaded, but the two cars were a totally different shade of gold. I know that Bobs car was recently painted and that he had Ballard help with the color matching.

Gary

Bob's car RG seems a bit lighter and more yellow than brown.
actually that is the shade i like better .
if i have to miss the right colour i would surely move toward a lighter-yellowish shade instead than darker and brown.

for example the RM auctions L88 here seems quite incorrect. but you know ...i like that shade. more sporty. i may decide to tailor a bit the colour to my taste but not going too far from what seems the right color
http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.c...d10&CarID=r173

Get notified of new replies

To repainting riverside gold

Quick Reply: repainting riverside gold