Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1978 tilt/telescopic/steering column

Old 05-21-2014, 07:57 PM
Chuckles1964
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1978 tilt/telescopic/steering column

can anyone help me with my 78 tilt, telescopic steering column. i would like to rebuild it. took it all apart down to the tilt and it is a pile of junk. parts are missing and parts are destroyed. looked at serveral diagrams and all have different parts listed. so now i am to the point of confusion the i don't really know what all parts i will need to rebuild this thing. it also has cruise control on the turn signal ****. or can you point me in the direction of a reliable source to buy a rebuilt one.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:21 PM
Jim Shea
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuckles1964
can anyone help me with my 78 tilt, telescopic steering column. i would like to rebuild it. took it all apart down to the tilt and it is a pile of junk. parts are missing and parts are destroyed. looked at serveral diagrams and all have different parts listed. so now i am to the point of confusion the i don't really know what all parts i will need to rebuild this thing. it also has cruise control on the turn signal ****. or can you point me in the direction of a reliable source to buy a rebuilt one.
You might consider sending it to Columns Galore http://www.columnsgalore.com/
They are not cheap but do good work.
I particularly mention a company like Columns Galore in that you are missing parts and they most likely have a large inventory of old columns, parts, etc and would be able to completely rebuild your column. You might search for weeks or months and still not be able to find the correct parts.

Jim

Last edited by Jim Shea; 05-21-2014 at 11:27 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1978 tilt/telescopic/steering column