Sponsored by:

I have "defected"....well sort of......

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 01:15 PM
74 LS4-454
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Default I have "defected"....well sort of......

It has been an exciting time for me in the past month. I have always like the C4 ZR-1's from the start, and never thought I would end up buying one until a few weeks ago. Of course the thread that "paul 74" started about purchasing one just put another flame into the fire.
I have always been looking at the prices, and wondering when and where thay would bottom out at, and IMO, I think that they are now near or at the bottom of their depreciation cycle. I don't think that they will go much lower if at all, (of course there are always exceptions) and I think that they will hold their own and possibily go up in value as time goes on. The 94 ZR-1 I just purchased on April 5 was not for investment purposes, but for what I feel was and is a great value for this vehicle.
I am also very fortunate to purchase this piece of Corvette history and also to have an extrenely understanding and great Wife
I still have my 82 "dd" was thinking about selling it, but that thought process has changed.... The 74 BB Vert is still at the garage out in the country and will be put back together during my 3 week vaca in June. It will be a busy 3 weeks for sure, with the goal of getting running and sanded, maybe not painted, but back home before the 4th of July.
Below is the thread I started in the C4 Section with pics of the ZR-1, when I finally get all of the swirls out of the paint, I will post new pics, so far the top of the hood is complete (not in these pics) and I am very satisfied with the results.
And lastly, the ZR-1 is an absolute blast to drive, it has to be one of the quickest, if not the quickest Vettes I have ever owned.
So enjoy the pics and thanks for checking it out.......

On a side note, once again I would like to thank everyone for making the "sticky" on the 82's in the Tech Section such a success, with over 12,000 views in just 13 months.
Again.......Thank You.......... Tom

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-z...ally-home.html

Last edited by 74 LS4-454; 04-20-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:53 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I blame Paul ..... lol. Seriously though, she looks great. The stable is growing......could you please share with the rest of us how you were able to coax the boss into putting number 3 in the driveway. I really need a transcript of that conversation.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:48 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,543 Likes on 2,159 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Congratulations on your 94 ZR-1. They are terrific cars and are a real performance bargain. They really like to rev and sound great in the higher RPM's. The motors are bulletproof. I have been looking for a low mileage one for a while. That wide rear view is awesome. Black is beautiful but shows everything.

Enjoy it
Old 04-21-2014, 08:56 AM
Trae1976
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Very nice!

I would defect for one of those too.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:16 AM
MIKE80
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I always liked the ZR1's. Nice buy, looks great.

I'll let you drive mine if I can drive yours
Old 04-21-2014, 01:28 PM
74 LS4-454
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Originally Posted by briankeery
I blame Paul ..... lol. Seriously though, she looks great. The stable is growing......could you please share with the rest of us how you were able to coax the boss into putting number 3 in the driveway. I really need a transcript of that conversation.
Yes, after reading Paul's thread, it really pushed me closer to the purchase......
Well I can tell you that she went from, "we already have two and the 74 is still apart" to, "if that is what you really want, then lets get it", in a two week span. Of course that was with me talking about what a good buy it was to get now instead of later, and so on, and so on.
I have to say that she is great, she likes the ZR-1 as much as I do.
I'm a very lucky guy to have her for my wife....

Originally Posted by capevettes
Congratulations on your 94 ZR-1. They are terrific cars and are a real performance bargain. They really like to rev and sound great in the higher RPM's. The motors are bulletproof. I have been looking for a low mileage one for a while. That wide rear view is awesome. Black is beautiful but shows everything.

Enjoy it
Thanks, yes it is music to my ears for sure, it is really fun to drive and as you mentioned, they do like to rev and have the great sound when they accelerate. Yes Black shows everything, but I am working on that........

Originally Posted by Trae1976
Very nice!

I would defect for one of those too.
Thanks, it was only a partial defection....can't give up the C3's, as they are also fun to drive, especially the 82 "dd".

Originally Posted by MIKE80
I always liked the ZR1's. Nice buy, looks great.

I'll let you drive mine if I can drive yours
Thanks, couldn't let it go by....
mmmmmm I might take you up on that.......

Tom

Last edited by 74 LS4-454; 04-21-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:02 PM
Go Vette Go
Red Road Warrior

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 282 Likes on 199 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11, '15, '19

T R A I T O R !!!!

Nice Tom!!! Yes, you are very lucky to have a terrific and understanding wife. Our wives understand our disease!!

Enjoy the heck out of it buddy!

John
Old 04-21-2014, 02:38 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

I don't mind taking the blame for you purchasing a unique piece of Corvette history!

Heck, I am still crawling around under my 1974 today...but I think I found the problem with my starter.

Last edited by Paul L; 04-21-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:52 PM
MIKE80
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by SSROADSTER
Thanks, couldn't let it go by....
mmmmmm I might take you up on that.......

Tom
I'm only 2 exits in up 202... I wouldn't mind checking out your new ride. Good luck with it!
Old 04-21-2014, 07:33 PM
persuader
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

Congrats on the addition to your growing fleet. Your wife sounds like an awesome person to allow such madness. Just make sure that you make yourself worthy of her. Anyways, I checked out the pictures of the ZR-1. Really nice car but I didn't see a picture of what makes it so special. You know……..The engine. Wat up wit dat yo?
Old 04-21-2014, 08:47 PM
Dustup7T2
Terrorizing Orange Cones
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

It's a true '94 ZR-1. What's not to like?

Congrats and may the road always rise to meet ya.

Get notified of new replies

To I have "defected"....well sort of......

Quick Reply: I have "defected"....well sort of......