Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake problem

Old 04-17-2014, 01:36 AM
recap160
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake problem

I have a 72 Sting Ray with disc brakes all around, no power assist. The pedal nearly went to the floor and the brake light came on. I checked the master cylinder and the rear section was almost empty. I searched everywhere for a leak and found nothing. I then filled the master and bled the brakes, that didn't help. The fluid had to go somewhere, any suggestion what it can be ?
Old 04-17-2014, 12:14 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,806 Likes on 1,597 Posts

You are missing the leak somewhere. Does the back of the master where it mounts to the firewall look wet? Did you remove both rear wheels and check all the pistons for leaking? Did you follow the brakeline from the rear half of the master all the way back to the rear calipers checking both the steel and rubber lines and any blocks that the lines connect to?
Old 04-17-2014, 12:36 PM
recap160
6th Gear

Originally Posted by MelWff
You are missing the leak somewhere. Does the back of the master where it mounts to the firewall look wet? Did you remove both rear wheels and check all the pistons for leaking? Did you follow the brakeline from the rear half of the master all the way back to the rear calipers checking both the steel and rubber lines and any blocks that the lines connect to?
Already checked everywhere you suggested, with no luck. Thank you for responding, guess I will continue to search.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:54 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,806 Likes on 1,597 Posts

when you bled the brakes you started with right rear outter and then right rear inner and then went to the left rear? Did you look where the brake pedal push rod goes through in the interior of the car under the dashboard to see if the fluid is going out the back of the master into the interior?
Old 04-17-2014, 11:39 PM
recap160
6th Gear

Originally Posted by MelWff
when you bled the brakes you started with right rear outter and then right rear inner and then went to the left rear? Did you look where the brake pedal push rod goes through in the interior of the car under the dashboard to see if the fluid is going out the back of the master into the interior?
That's where I found the leak. Thanks for your help

Get notified of new replies

To Brake problem

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brake problem