Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Power Door Lock To My '81

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 09:32 PM
LannyL81
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 71 Posts

YES, YES, YES.....I forgot to send you a text telling you. Parts arrived on Thursday just as you said they would.....and I got busy and cleaned-up the terminals, took out the power window harness out of the doors in my car.....you were sure correct....a royal PITA to separate those two....so I just used the ones you sent me for both power locks and windows. Installed the power door lock actuators and then installed the window regulators with new motors.

Friday was a very busy day....and sky was cloudy so it was a perfect day to work outside.

I recommend MY1991 as someone to buy parts from. Jeff is an honest guy...does what he says he will.

Thanks Jeff.....now I am just awaiting for the power door lock connectors to arrive from Willcox and then I can install them.

Last edited by LannyL81; 04-21-2014 at 07:17 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:14 AM
My1991
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LannyL81
YES, YES, YES.....I forgot to send you a text telling you. Parts arrived on Thursday just as you said they would.....and I got busy and cleaned-up the terminals, took out the power door lock harness out of the doors in my car.....you were sure correct....a royal PITA to separate those two....so I just used the ones you sent me for both power locks and windows. Installed the power door lock actuators and then installed the window regulators with new motors.

Friday was a very busy day....and sky was cloudy so it was a perfect day to work outside.

I recommend MY1991 as someone to buy parts from. Jeff is an honest guy...does what he says he will.

Thanks Jeff.....now I am just awaiting for the power door lock connectors to arrive from Willcox and then I can install them.
do you have power mirrors?
Old 04-21-2014, 07:20 AM
LannyL81
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 71 Posts

MY1991: no I do not have power mirrors and would get them from you except this would require getting new door panels due to the hole in the panel where the manual mirror controls are at.
So have to live with the manual mirrors.

Quick Reply: Adding Power Door Lock To My '81