C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I let my 18 year old daughter drive the Vette today...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 03:53 PM
MrJlr
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by doorgunner
I was checking-in to see if she managed to get the keys again.....LOL!
Uh......no!
Old 03-29-2014, 04:11 PM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,200 Likes on 2,757 Posts

Originally Posted by MrJlr
Uh......no!
Correct Answer!
Old 03-29-2014, 09:46 PM
John92LT1
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good for you! My daughter took my C3 when she was 16, it has been her daily driver for 2 years. When she goes to college this fall, it will become her brother's daily ride. He has been logging quite a bit of time in it with his learner's permit, too, to prepare.

I know what you mean about the scary power... That L82 is quite a beast, and only has about 20% less hp than her Mom's Honda Accord, and a third less than my 4 cylinder! Yeah, I am leaving the vette motor stock until they are both in college, when it will be MY car again.

Seriously, both kids really enjoy helping with the troubleshooting of problems, the maintenance, and improvements (fiberglass rear spring last weekend) that we have done to the car- they are a pair of future engineers, for sure. It has been a fun learning experience with some of the basics, too, when you realize they have never been in a car with a pull-out headlight switch, or the hazard lights on the column, or the lever to remove the key- so many things we take for granted growing up.

Again, good for you letting the younger generation drive it!
Old 03-30-2014, 11:18 AM
74Ken
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

My vette is part of my test for my 17 yo daughters boyfriends....I tell her to show them the car, if their eye's don't bug out and their jaw drop, I tell her to dump them.

She has already asked me to leave the car to her in my will.

She wants to drive it, but I pulled out my Hagerty insurance policy and showed her she has to be 26 first.

Maybe the parking lot where she first drove my Avalanche after getting her learners permit....one day, maybe.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:43 PM
C3 4ME
Le Mans Master

Received 430 Likes on 308 Posts

I don't think I'll let my 15 year old drive mine when she gets her learners permit later this year, until she learns to drive a stick shift. If it were an auto, I'd have no problem with her driving it. If she's able to drive a 4 speed, I'd let her take her date to prom in it! My truck is a stick, BTW, so she can learn on it.

Quick Reply: So I let my 18 year old daughter drive the Vette today...