Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shipping Corvette

Old 03-16-2014, 09:34 AM
greggome
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default shipping Corvette

I have a 68 vette that has been stored for years and I plan on shipping it via car carrier from NY to Florida. The car has no insurance on it since its been off the road for some time. Anyone have experience with shipping an unregistered uninsured car? How do you cover it from loss or damage while in transit?
Old 03-16-2014, 06:23 PM
Ratfinkharley
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greggome
I have a 68 vette that has been stored for years and I plan on shipping it via car carrier from NY to Florida. The car has no insurance on it since its been off the road for some time. Anyone have experience with shipping an unregistered uninsured car? How do you cover it from loss or damage while in transit?
A reputable and licensed carrier will have insurance. Last year I sent my 73 from CT to NC. I still put insurance on it before it was picked up. The policy is inexpensive.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:42 PM
greggome
Racer

What type of insurance did you get? Since my car has not been on the road for years it is not registered in NY or FL. I dont think I can get it insured without an active registration.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:26 PM
prlwng
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My insurence company would not insure mine. They did referr me to one of thier affiliates. It was very reasonable.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:43 PM
Ratfinkharley
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Hagerty insurance.

Not sure about your state, but in CT I insured the car before it was registered. Suggest you call a classic car insurance company an ask. But remember, the hauler must have insurance and would bear the liability for any loss or damage.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:47 AM
Frank_Nesta
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratfinkharley
I have Hagerty insurance.

Not sure about your state, but in CT I insured the car before it was registered. Suggest you call a classic car insurance company an ask. But remember, the hauler must have insurance and would bear the liability for any loss or damage.
Ditto. Hagerty.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:41 AM
ChaosPhoenixFix
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Maybe we can team up and hire someone that has a trailer big enough for 2 cars? I am looking to go from NY to NC in June.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:52 PM
greggome
Racer

Default Ny to Florida

Not sure when I'll be shipping (sometime late May or June). I live in FL now and will be shipping it from Long Island area. So i need to travel up to NY at time of shipping to get things ready. The cars not running so thats an added requirement on the transporter.

Get notified of new replies

To shipping Corvette

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: shipping Corvette