C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

82 Owners Pics & Descriptions....

Old 03-06-2014, 10:39 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 771 Likes on 644 Posts

I have such fond memories of an 82 CE I just have to share it, heck one of you might have the car,
Back around 83/84 Robbies dad who happend to own the biggest coolest speed and parts stores around central florida at the time A1 bought a showroom new ce and gave it to robbie to drive, we were all about 16-17 at the time so this was pretty cool in itself that a kid had that car,
But did he pamper it? nope, he ran it on street day at Biltho ( the nightmare before christmas )
We took it to the beach, robbie drove, kevin rode shotgun and me, I rode in the back, I was skinnier and more limber then and the hatch opens, we cruised the beach all day, I sat in the rear hatch open...lol.
As we all got older we all lost touch, I went into the nightclub biz and the parts store for whatever reason started to close down.
A few years ago a worker for the last of those parts shops told me that in the early 80's that ce was parked in robbies backyard and sat all that time until getting sold just a few years back, he said the windows were down or leaked bad and the entire car was pretty trashed but went on to say the buyer planned to restore not part out, ironcially the tilt tele wheel i bought for another project came from a ce car.

So did any of you guys happen to buy that car?
Old 03-07-2014, 02:21 PM
74 LS4-454
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Rmodeler
It's interesting that you made a comment about the height. I always thought the back set about an 1" high and the front was an 1" low. I have the longer bolts to lower the back, but just haven't taken the time to change them. The height of the car is what it was 8 years ago when I purchased it. I'm the 3rd owner-originally it was a father/then son car. It had 38K on it when I bought it. This picture is before I had it painted(same color) 2 years ago. The picture doesn't show it, but the original color had faded quite a bit. Maybe I should leave the height alone.
I have the FE7 suspension, and the ride height is close to where it should be, need to take another measurement. Your ride height in the front is where I would like mine to be.... If you get a chance, can you measure all 4 wheel areas from the ground to the bottom of the panel in the center of the wheel opening? I would like to compare the results. thanks...........Tom

Originally Posted by malicatasr
My basket case 82
Wow, I'll take that basket case anytime.......great job.....
Old 03-07-2014, 06:07 PM
malicatasr
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The13Bats you never know I purchased my car from a used car dealer that got it from an estate sale in the San Marco area. My car was repainted then pushed outside and left open to the elements for many years.. Interior was trashed and a conversion from the crossfire to carb was started. I guess it never ran because the plumbing for fuel was done incorrect and it still had the electric fuel pump in it with no regulator. It probably broke a couple of diaphragms on the carb.
Attached Images    
Old 03-07-2014, 09:02 PM
Rmodeler
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tom
I'm in Florida now, won't be back north till first of May, that's where the car is, but if I remember the back is approx 28" and the front is approx. 26".
Verl
Old 03-09-2014, 03:14 PM
JEFF WHITTINGTON
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just bought a White/Silver Two-Tone with Silvergrey interior, with only 4728 miles on it. Just had it brought to me from New York in an enclosed trailer. Bought it from a great guy, who actually is/was a memeber on here. Ill post pics when I can figure out how to do it. Im not to good with this computer stuff. Avatar is a pic of my 04 ZO6 that I had, puttin down 440 rwhp.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:45 PM
hugie82
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

glad you made a guest appearance (your 82 that is....), still looks great even with all of those miles.........[/QUOTE]

I'm still around.... Spend most of my days stalking the C3 performance board
Winter has been so bad in Jersey I haven't touch my car in 2 months
Old 03-09-2014, 07:29 PM
74 LS4-454
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Rmodeler
Tom
I'm in Florida now, won't be back north till first of May, that's where the car is, but if I remember the back is approx 28" and the front is approx. 26".
Verl
Verl,
Hope your having good weather down there....
Took measurements of the 82 (FE7 Susp)...here they are:

RF....27 15/16"
LF....28 1/8"
RR....27 1/2"
LR....26 5/8"

I had made adjustments to the rear spring, I may have made an over adjustment, so it shouldn't be a problem to readjust the rear....but the front being off by 3/16", that could be a number of reasons....

Originally Posted by JEFF WHITTINGTON
I just bought a White/Silver Two-Tone with Silvergrey interior, with only 4728 miles on it. Just had it brought to me from New York in an enclosed trailer. Bought it from a great guy, who actually is/was a memeber on here. Ill post pics when I can figure out how to do it. Im not to good with this computer stuff. Avatar is a pic of my 04 ZO6 that I had, puttin down 440 rwhp.
I can't wait to see your 82.... that color combo was always my first choice for this year, I imagine it looks great...sign up for photobucket (if you haven't already). then it is a simple process to post pics, the info is in one of the "stickies"

Originally Posted by hugie82
glad you made a guest appearance (your 82 that is....), still looks great even with all of those miles.........
I'm still around.... Spend most of my days stalking the C3 performance board
Winter has been so bad in Jersey I haven't touch my car in 2 months[/QUOTE]

I know your around.... but its the first time I have seen your 82, you need to post more pics when you get a chance...
No being far from you, we had just about the same weather depending on the snow/rain line... Mine has been load with salt quite a few time this season, didn't drive in the snowstorms, but if was the after that the salt got me, nothing that couldn't be wash off though
Old 03-09-2014, 08:39 PM
Rmodeler
Instructor

Tom
It's wonderful down here, sorry!
I know I have different measurements side to side. The right front(pic) is lower than LF, plus the front end is about a 1/2" off center to the left(may have always been that way), so it makes the RF & tire close, I can just slide my fingers between the fender & tire with the wheels straight, but nothing ever rubs. The LR is a little higher than the RR, so I thought lowering it a little might help the RF.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:44 PM
TexasYankee
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Old 06-08-2014, 08:44 AM
74 LS4-454
Melting Slicks

Hasn't been any additions since March.....now with the nice weather we are having, our 82's should be out and about for some really great pics.
So far the pics we have are looking just fine, kind of makes you want to have one in every color..... Tom
Old 06-09-2014, 10:18 AM
persuader
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasYankee

Thats a nice Vette! The Ewings would be proud.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:47 PM
STINGREYES
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

1982 Collector Edition

Old 11-25-2014, 11:17 AM
JEFF WHITTINGTON
Racer

Pic of my Two-Tone White/Silver with 6000 miles.
Attached Images  
Old 11-25-2014, 01:57 PM
74 LS4-454
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by STINGREYES
1982 Collector Edition
Beautiful Collector Edition.....

Originally Posted by JEFF WHITTINGTON
Pic of my Two-Tone White/Silver with 6000 miles.
Haven't checked this thread forever!!!!
Your 82 color combo was and still is my first choice.....if you ever decide to sell, let me know, as I would sell my 82, (if possible) to get yours, just love that combo.......then again as my Dad use to say, "you have pipe dreams" but you never know.....post more pics whenever you can
Old 11-25-2014, 04:14 PM
letterman7
Instructor

I'll add up my CE:
Name:  Corvette CE1.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  87.5 KB

Name:  Corvette CE8.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  57.7 KB

First Vette ever - wanted one of these ever since they came out the year I graduated high school. Found this local and probably one of the worst purchases ever. I've bought and sold a lot of cars over the years, and I guess I got a little starry-eyed when I found this one. Priced a little high, but it looked great. And ran pretty good too! But I didn't do a PPI which was my first mistake. The car had been hit front to rear sometime in the early 90's, so little of the body is original. Whomever did the paint work was very good though - the fade stripes are paint, not decal. I've been picking at it little by little as the previous owner just let it sit, so almost everything rubber needed replaced, along with a long laundry list of things that weren't fixed correctly after the hit (bent axle, leaky pinion seal, bad bearings all the way around, brakes.. you get the idea). But the engine runs perfectly, and knowing the average history on the cross fire I'm considering that a plus. But... I love driving it. It gets a ton of compliments, and come the spring the tops will come off and I'll enjoy some open air cruising!
Old 11-25-2014, 07:01 PM
JEFF WHITTINGTON
Racer

Originally Posted by SSROADSTER
Beautiful Collector Edition.....

Haven't checked this thread forever!!!!
Your 82 color combo was and still is my first choice.....if you ever decide to sell, let me know, as I would sell my 82, (if possible) to get yours, just love that combo.......then again as my Dad use to say, "you have pipe dreams" but you never know.....post more pics whenever you can
Here is a few more. Thats not 104 thousand miles either. LOL
Attached Images      

Last edited by JEFF WHITTINGTON; 11-25-2014 at 07:04 PM.
The following users liked this post:
H P Bushrod (10-29-2017)
Old 11-25-2014, 08:50 PM
Brack c
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Pics of my 82 ...have own for 13 years .. in the past year , New paint and total interior replacement . Was originally Silver / Claret with clothe interior . ... Ongoing project like most , LoL

Get notified of new replies

To 82 Owners Pics & Descriptions....

Old 11-25-2014, 09:13 PM
Illegal Vette
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Here's a couple of my '82, bought it last February from a Craigslist ad in Fargo and drove from Colorado to pick it up. It had no engine or transmission which was perfect since I intended to put an LS1 in it. This isn't my first Corvette, I had a '79 many years ago and an '86 convertible.

This is of the interior while reassembly after replacing the dash with a used one I found on Craigslist. I didn't like the way the replacement dash that the vendors sell fit so I returned it and found a used one that fits for far less.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:01 PM
terry82
Le Mans Master

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by STINGREYES
1982 Collector Edition

has anyone made the air filter housing to look like carbon fiber?
Old 06-09-2015, 02:00 PM
King Dave
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by terry82
has anyone made the air filter housing to look like carbon fiber?
I can with 3M Carbon Fiber Wrap film.

I'm going to do it to my brother in-law's CE.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 82 Owners Pics & Descriptions....