Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 1982 Cloth Seats Victory

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2023, 06:57 PM
Gamaliel Perales
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the option was leather, cloth was most likely the basic seat. My 1982 has cloth seats and Al Knoch had the exact replacement back in 1994 but they don't anymore. I live only 25 mile from Al Koch I have stopped at his place several times. He is a very nice person and they do convertible tops also.
Old 09-03-2023, 09:21 PM
Lakeside49
Burning Brakes

Received 348 Likes on 192 Posts

Default Response to Perales

Originally Posted by Gamaliel Perales
I think the option was leather, cloth was most likely the basic seat. My 1982 has cloth seats and Al Knoch had the exact replacement back in 1994 but they don't anymore. I live only 25 mile from Al Koch I have stopped at his place several times. He is a very nice person and they do convertible tops also.
You might be surprised that your assumption is actually the exact opposite. Leather was the standard and a very high-grade fabric was a no-coat option. I bought my ‘82 with those nice velour seats from the original owner (wife of an Eastman-Kodak executive) who said that cloth was far more comfortable in Rochester, NY’s renown hot/humid summers and cold winters, although she garaged it after the first snowfall which evidently is not a C3’s native element.
I found a batt of the original silver gray velour fabric at SMS, Inc. and had Al Knoch see the replacement covers and add new foam and couldn’t be happier - they are incredibly comfortable once the new, firmer foam is broken in after a few cruises. 😎

Quick Reply: New 1982 Cloth Seats Victory