C3 Rubber Bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 01:02 PM
Melborn
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C3 Rubber Bumpers

Hello,
I'm a new Corvette Forum member and I'm looking for your opinions. I recently purchased a 1976 that needs both bumpers replaced. I've looked at different websites selling bumpers and they offer a hard fiberglass or flexible fiberglass. Does anyone have a recommendation as to which one works better?
Thanks,
Melborn
Old 02-22-2014, 06:18 PM
jn76vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Melborn
Hello,
I'm a new Corvette Forum member and I'm looking for your opinions. I recently purchased a 1976 that needs both bumpers replaced. I've looked at different websites selling bumpers and they offer a hard fiberglass or flexible fiberglass. Does anyone have a recommendation as to which one works better?
Thanks,
Melborn
I've got the flexible fiber glass front and rear. I like it a lot more than the ratty looking old urethane that was on the care before. As far as hard or flexible, both have pros and cons, but I've been told the flexible requires less work for a good fit.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:00 PM
20mercury
Melting Slicks

Received 568 Likes on 445 Posts

Default got tru flex front and rear

got tru flex front and rear and I am happy.

Not sure why you would want to install a urethane original design, might be difficult to find plus expensive too?

And 100% fiberglass, imho is not the best, one bumpette and you got a crack, hmmm...

tru flex is a good option, I think.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:00 PM
billcarson
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

a bumpette sooo true.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:19 PM
donnie1956
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You get bumped with any of them and your paint is going to star. I am in the process of doing a restro mod on my 78. The tru flex I tried at first didn't fit at all. The tru flex isn't that flexible like the urethane.
My car had been damaged on right front corner but had a good repair done. I decided the get the fiberglass from ACI and the fit was significantly better. Are you going to fit them up or have a shop do the work? Any of them are going to require some fitting to get them lined up.

Get notified of new replies

To C3 Rubber Bumpers

Quick Reply: C3 Rubber Bumpers