Sponsored by:

Caliper piston Leak

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 10:02 PM
68L79
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phminell
What are "Florida Stainless calipers" ? mines are "Delco moraine calipers", the exact same as the ones in mds3013 post : http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...-calipers.html
All of mine say Delco Moraine ( that is the original GM caliper) but the company that installs the stainless sleeves is what I am talking about....mine were replaced years ago...30-40 years ago....I am pretty sure I have 3 different calipers on my 68 from the different stainless steel sleeve companies. Again, the one from Florida is the one that has given me problems...the two on the rear I think it was, took the O ring style with new pistons and are okay.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:11 PM
phminell
Intermediate

Originally Posted by speedreed8
i got my (79) front conversion kit from Corvette Stainless Steel Brakes. works great no leaks,$37ea. there are instructional videos on their website on making repairs / upgrades
http://www.cssbinc.com/corvette-brak...rsion-kit.aspx
Cool ! Thank you for the tip ! Compared to $51 for the same parts on corvette america...
Old 02-06-2014, 01:23 PM
Joebrick
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've gotten into the never ending spiral of lifetime warranties with Cardone remanufactured calipers. I've changed 3 already that haven't lasted more than two years.

One recommendation I have for the steel brake line flare nut is to first try lightly with a flare wrench and if that starts to slip on the flats I have had super luck with a small vise grip that has three flats on it. Model 4LW.....works great!
Old 02-10-2014, 08:37 PM
phminell
Intermediate

Finally, after dismantling the caliper and the pistons, and scrubbing all the dirt that was inside ! the caliper stainless sleeves are so damaged that I have to buy a new one
Old 02-10-2014, 08:46 PM
phminell
Intermediate

The pictures...

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 136
Size:  105.2 KB

Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 137
Size:  153.5 KB

Quick Reply: Caliper piston Leak