Sponsored by:

Vintage Air install - lower driver side dash pad vent access

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 11:20 AM
BeansWorld
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Vintage Air install - lower driver side dash pad vent access

I'm finishing up the Vintage Air install (1970) and can't get enough access to screws for the vent from the back side of the driver lower dash pad. I have the dash pad pulled out about two inches, can't seem to gain any more clearance. Can't even barely get a hand back there. The column has been loosened and dropped a bit but I was hoping I wouldn't have to remove it. Do I remove the lower dash pad? I'm unsure how the gauges are connected etc. I've been slumped under the dash for far too long, now I'm recognizing I'm not as flexible as I used to be.

Please end some thoughts, thanks!
Old 01-30-2014, 01:25 PM
BeansWorld
Instructor

Amazing, all three screws are now in connecting the vent assy to the backside of the driver lower dash pad. Now just how to figure to route the 2" hose over to the passenger side. Ugghh. If there's any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them. As soon as this hose is routed, it's time for reassembly. The front and rear consoles have been reinstalled already.

Cheers,

Eugene
Old 01-31-2014, 01:19 AM
redcruz1120
Drifting

Received 205 Likes on 122 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by BeansWorld
Amazing, all three screws are now in connecting the vent assy to the backside of the driver lower dash pad. Now just how to figure to route the 2" hose over to the passenger side. Ugghh. If there's any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them. As soon as this hose is routed, it's time for reassembly. The front and rear consoles have been reinstalled already.

Cheers,

Eugene
Are you using the hard plastic tube under the steering column? That makes it easier.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:49 AM
BeansWorld
Instructor

yeah, that molded plastic piece is horrible, it prevents you from using some of the OEM controls under the dash. I was able to successfully route the 2" hose behind the column and to the evaporator, now I need to attach the hose to the back of the drivers lower dash panel vent. This is the frustrating part, getting your hand back there. The hose is close, I just need to attach it and use a zip cable to secure it. Very little room for hands unfortunately.

Get notified of new replies

To Vintage Air install - lower driver side dash pad vent access

Quick Reply: Vintage Air install - lower driver side dash pad vent access