Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keisler is gone! Chapter 7

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 09:48 PM
myoriginal77
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Back 8 years ago I bought an aftermarket ( 3rd party ) extended warranty for about $1800, I made one claim for $150, a year later they went belly up and declared bankruptcy.

I may be getting a check " 3rd quarter of 2014 " for the settled amount of $280.

These places always take care of themselves, the owner of the warranty place lives in an oceanside house in a secluded cove in Hawaii, has started another warranty company and I'm sure has a car with a factory warranty.

Good luck to all those affected ( except the owners ) if I win the big lottery it's 6 speeds for everyone !

Frank
Old 02-05-2014, 09:54 PM
blueray72
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I wonder if he'll show up at any more trade shows?
Old 02-05-2014, 11:35 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by Priya
If the dishonest Keisler competitors hadn't been telling people Keisler was going out of business so people cancelled their orders they probably wouldn't have gone out of business - it was a self-fullfilling prophecy.
Originally Posted by rj8806
Really? You've been a member on here since 2009. Assuming that you did your homework before buying your kit, I find it hard to believe that you read all of the threads regarding folks on here that were misled in 1 way or another regarding KE and came to the conclusion that it was their competitors who were dishonest and the cause of KE finally going belly up....
Originally Posted by diehrd
That guy goes around the web with that story , my guess he is involved with the company or has a connection to the owner. Every topic on Kessler anywhere he seams to appear spouting that excuse.

In one topic he spouts the guy lost his home as if the owner is more of a victim then those he stole deposits from..

If you own a business you know if you do not pay suppliers a grape vine effect takes place and of course the supply chain refuses to deliver. To suggest the suppliers who sell parts forced this guy into bankruptcy is worse then crazy
Gents, even when the facts are obvious to everybody else, it's hard to overcome stubbornness. The more we see posted about what this guy has done, and is still trying to do, the easier it is to see him for what he is. Enough said.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:37 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by blueray72
I wonder if he'll show up at any more trade shows?
Oh, I'm sure a lot of folks would just love to run into him at a trade show.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:58 PM
BOSTONCAMARO
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by StingrayLust
I'm not a full, hard-core, hotrodder I guess as I don't build my own power steering racks or custom fit a transmission. However I have taken my car almost fully apart (minus block & trans) and feel that I've done enough to earn myself some credit. I've had enough issues along the way of new things not fitting right, so I guess there are times when an essential piece of equipment I'm looking at I want to fit as best as possible with as little of fuss as there can be. Keisler seemed to offer that in their Perfect-Fit transmissions.

It may not be hotrodding, but I've ordered a bunch of LED stuff for bulb replacement testing. I've even looked at PCB board manufacturers that I could build my own circuits on for putting LED's in my gauges. However I'm not an Electrical Engineer so it's a bit of a reach but it's fun looking and I have tons of ideas in my head I want to explore. I've actually looks at schematic drawing programs and have just purchased a cheap Korad variable power supply. My cousin is an EE so I might give the PCB board stuff a go. But the way I see it, everyone contributes to "hotrodding" in their own way, Bubba or not.

On a note more aligned to this thread, I was reading more on their Facebook page and found this interesting tidbit:

Oh, what I wouldn't give for something sweet like that to actually happen. Maybe in the next couple years something like that will actually happen.
Id say it sounds like you have done a great job in wrenching on your car, it was nice to have their kit available, my friend has one....I am there are ones out there floating around - as in stuff you need to put a t56 in, but having some parts machined is feasible.....I bet someone will step up and fill the void and hopefully such a company will be a bit more consistent with production and delivery as that is where kiesler had issues
Old 02-07-2014, 01:34 AM
5-Speeds
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What saddens me is why did people gave upfront money to a person who already bankrupted in 2009? YES 2009! Many investors then lost money. He may be a great salesperson and his ability to get people and vendors to keep supplying him with inventory regardless or being past due for months is proof of his amazing ability as a sales person as well as the ignorance of consumers today. There was a great deal of negative feedback on forums in regards to quality and delivery issues for years.

If you google search for " SHAFI JAMAL KEISLER" you will get the whole story of the 2009 bankruptcy mess.

The below link is public information of the 2009 bankruptcy. His letters fail to mention these details.

http://www.tneb.uscourts.gov/sites/d...08-34321_8.pdf

What you will notice is that the owner of American Powertrain ( Robert Hall ) was an employee of Keisler at the time. His dad was an investor who lost money in this deal.

I believe his house for sale is here:
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/26...40817768_zpid/

Last edited by 5-Speeds; 02-07-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:20 PM
rj8806
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 5-Speeds
What you will notice is that the owner of American Powertrain ( Robert Hall ) was an employee of Keisler at the time. His dad was an investor who lost money in this deal

Very good friends of mine and very unfortunate that it happened to the Hall's.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:07 PM
irelandr
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Very good friends of mine and very unfortunate that it happened to the Hall's.
So Shafi says it is in part because his competitors at American Power train were bad mouthing him that caused everyone to cancel that all this happened but they were investors? Why would an investor do something to run down business?? And if this is how you treat investors I can see them flocking to buy into this new scam...

And of course there is the part from Shafis original message:
"Many of these concerned customers had spoken to our competitors that have been pouring on the negativity and rumors of KE shutting down since 2008. These are primarily two (2) competitors - one located in Cookeville TN and the other in Sacramento CA."

And if you look at American Power trains address it is:
American Powertrain
2199 Summerfield Rd
Cookeville, TN 38501

Now of course I had a problem understanding why so many creditors (buyers losing their money to the shafting) had deposits if there was a run on cancellations but more curious that a person ordered a transmission from Keisler then went shopping around?? And then were told don't buy there... yea that makes sense... NOT!
Old 02-07-2014, 07:34 PM
BOSTONCAMARO
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like perhaps Keisler was not the best business man? perhaps not a person of the best character? I am not sure I do not know him, just internet stories, it is sad though that investors and customers have lost out, some more than others.

I do think, hope, someone will step up to pick up a piece of business, if there is a market for it, which there seems to be, some firm/company will fill the void. Also don't be afraid to work with a local machine shop or machinist on fabricating a custom adapter if you need to do a trans swap, it is possible.

If anyone is local to my area, I could spare an hour or two here and there to take a look, advise someone on their swap, help hunt down a good local machinist and welding shop as need - as I personally wouldn't have the time to commit for the full build of a trans swap.

First I was like, ouch!

Then I was all....sh-t, I'm like shazZZZaaam there it is yo!

Last edited by BOSTONCAMARO; 02-07-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:51 PM
rj8806
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by irelandr
So Shafi says it is in part because his competitors at American Power train were bad mouthing him that caused everyone to cancel that all this happened but they were investors? Why would an investor do something to run down business?? And if this is how you treat investors I can see them flocking to buy into this new scam...

And of course there is the part from Shafis original message:
"Many of these concerned customers had spoken to our competitors that have been pouring on the negativity and rumors of KE shutting down since 2008. These are primarily two (2) competitors - one located in Cookeville TN and the other in Sacramento CA."

And if you look at American Power trains address it is:
American Powertrain
2199 Summerfield Rd
Cookeville, TN 38501

Now of course I had a problem understanding why so many creditors (buyers losing their money to the shafting) had deposits if there was a run on cancellations but more curious that a person ordered a transmission from Keisler then went shopping around?? And then were told don't buy there... yea that makes sense... NOT!
As I worked in C.S. and Tech Support for 5 yrs at KE and then at AP, I will keep my personal feelings in check....HOWEVER....when I first started at KE back in '05. I was hired on because of 20 plus years in the restaurant business. Guess they figured customer service was second hand nature to me....anyways...the first "assignment" I was given was to log on and become a member here on CF and try to smooth out the negative postings that were occurring on an hourly basis on here...4 years after I left there (downsized in '10) things haven't changed much..still dealing with the runaround and broken promises. Yes they had an ideal product but when your hands are tied as a customer service rep and EVERYTHING is driven by the all mighty dollar, you don't get too far.

Not sure how much I can say on here but KE's trouble started long before AP was up and running and CC5S (as I knew it) took their share of the market. IMO KE's demise started with him personally and his ego. It had nothing to do with competitors telling the truth and everything with supplier issues and forcing products to market before they were fully tested and ready.

From my time at AP what I saw was they took a good idea and added their own thoughts and ideas and came up with a much improved product AS WELL AS outstanding CS and tech support. They truly stand behind their product.

By the way...I am no longer involved with either company anymore. I only have an interest in seeing what becomes of this thread and the company/person that we are all discussing.

regards
Richard
Old 02-09-2014, 06:32 PM
irelandr
Instructor

As I worked in C.S. and Tech Support for 5 yrs at KE and then at AP, I will keep my personal feelings in check....HOWEVER....when I first started at KE back in '05. I was hired on because of 20 plus years in the restaurant business. Guess they figured customer service was second hand nature to me....anyways...the first "assignment" I was given was to log on and become a member here on CF and try to smooth out the negative postings that were occurring on an hourly basis on here...4 years after I left there (downsized in '10) things haven't changed much..still dealing with the runaround and broken promises. Yes they had an ideal product but when your hands are tied as a customer service rep and EVERYTHING is driven by the all mighty dollar, you don't get too far.

Not sure how much I can say on here but KE's trouble started long before AP was up and running and CC5S (as I knew it) took their share of the market. IMO KE's demise started with him personally and his ego. It had nothing to do with competitors telling the truth and everything with supplier issues and forcing products to market before they were fully tested and ready.

From my time at AP what I saw was they took a good idea and added their own thoughts and ideas and came up with a much improved product AS WELL AS outstanding CS and tech support. They truly stand behind their product.

By the way...I am no longer involved with either company anymore. I only have an interest in seeing what becomes of this thread and the company/person that we are all discussing.

regards
Richard
If you search records and look at the past it is all real clear, I applaud you for speaking up and telling your side. Many people were slammed in KEs emails and posting with no proof and those who had ordered and placed deposits like I did know the date kept moving, then there were emails and calls for money by the end of the day so they could place a product in the production queue to be build at a time already past the date you were told it would be delivered to start with. Mine is a little different it was an automatic kit and you see absolutely no talk about that product and TREMEC and LGT could not have caused any delay there they did sticks. And in his new plan, no mention of automatics at all so guess that segment is just gone....
Old 02-10-2014, 03:41 PM
rj8806
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by irelandr
If you search records and look at the past it is all real clear, I applaud you for speaking up and telling your side. Many people were slammed in KEs emails and posting with no proof and those who had ordered and placed deposits like I did know the date kept moving, then there were emails and calls for money by the end of the day so they could place a product in the production queue to be build at a time already past the date you were told it would be delivered to start with. Mine is a little different it was an automatic kit and you see absolutely no talk about that product and TREMEC and LGT could not have caused any delay there they did sticks. And in his new plan, no mention of automatics at all so guess that segment is just gone....
am I mistaken or doesn't Phoenix Transmissions do auto kits for the vette? If not, try calling Gray or Robert at American Powertrain. Don't think they have an automatic kit yet but they may be able to provide some insight into that niche.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:31 PM
irelandr
Instructor

Phoenix Transmissions (THE ONE IN TEXAS) does do automatics and I have talked to them and ordered one from them and just awaiting its arrival. Very professional and asked many questions to be sure I was getting exactly what I wanted/needed. So far I have a much better feeling than I ever had with Keisler!! I will let everyone know when the transmission arrives all the details so they can decide if it is right for them as well.

Rich
Old 02-10-2014, 06:02 PM
MalibuVLX
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I work in outside sales and my company is #1 in the industry. My competitors trash us every day. We (I) never talk trash about the other guys and sell on our attributes and the pride I take in what I can do for my customers. I was turned off by Keisler from the first phone call. They wanted my down payment and had little to no idea on delivery date.

I don't know about you guys/gals, but $3500-4500 at one pop is a big decision on a vehicle I have for fun. They acted like everybody has that kind of money sitting around and just give to us and we will build your tranny when we get around to it.

My car has a TKO600 between the frame rails and have not regretted going w AP for one second.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Lupigiato
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MalibuVLX
I work in outside sales and my company is #1 in the industry. My competitors trash us every day. We (I) never talk trash about the other guys and sell on our attributes and the pride I take in what I can do for my customers..

and that's why the competitor you sell against doesn't have a Corvette to play with!

Quick Reply: Keisler is gone! Chapter 7