Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Covers - Decisions decisions...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 11:32 AM
MCVDiesel
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Covers - Decisions decisions...

So I'm guessing there are several threads on this subject but I'm still not terribly adept (read; too LAZY!) at navigating the forum to find specific topics. There are some really great Black Friday deals out there including some from Corvette America who are selling their Soft Shield for $115/free shipping.
Unfortunately my Harley has dibs on my tiny single car garage so my C3 Coupe is relegated to the driveway :-( (boo hiss!). I live in Maryland with moderate precipitation and snow and winter temps usually in the 30s with swings down to the teens and up through the 40s.
My paint isn't pristine so I'm not too worried about swaddling it in cozy flannel.
So...which one/brand should I be looking at?? What features are the most important? Do you have to cut an antennae hole in all of them or do some have antenna sleeves or grometted holes pre-installed? What's a killer price? I'm sure anything will be better than the tarp and bungees I rushed out and bought from Tractor Supply Company to put on her during a rain storm last night.
Any comment will be welcome or feel free to PM or email me at cjgaller@gmail.com.
Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!!

Last edited by MCVDiesel; 11-27-2013 at 11:34 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-28-2013, 06:36 PM
jersey68l36
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I use the Kimberly Clark Technalon material covers. Just brought one from Cover Direct for about $175. It's a generic fit cover, which means it's cheaper than the custom fit. I like the generic fit because they cover a little lower than the custom fit, at least that's been my experience.

After getting this cover found a supplier that is even cheaper that's in Delaware. Unfortunately, forget the name of the outfit.

I remove the antenna and also the outside left mirror on my '68 before covering.

Get about 3 years out of them.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:45 PM
MCVDiesel
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Decided I'm gonna get my *** in gearb and clean out my garage to fit both the vette and the harley! ;-)

Get notified of new replies

To Car Covers - Decisions decisions...

Quick Reply: Car Covers - Decisions decisions...