Sponsored by:

Removing the lighting pods

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 07:05 AM
vowler
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Removing the lighting pods

I've got a couple of questions.. dont know whether to start new thread on each.. or ask them all together... going for the 2nd option...

1. How much of a mission is it to remove the lighting pods. I'm respraying the car and would be much happier with the lights removed... but they work fine and match up fine... is it one of those jobs best left alone if all is ok.... or is removing them no big deal?

2. The front and rear "spoilers" are both a bit "lumpy"... they fit ok but the lines on them are a bit up and down compared to the panels they join on to. If they were fiberglass I'd have no hesitation in sanding them down, filling and making good... but they're polycarbonate or something similar. Can they be made to match the body lines perfectly or are they one of those things which you just have to put up with. They're not too bad... but just not perfect.. (doesn't seem right spelling fiberglass like that!!)
Old 09-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Mooser
Race Director

Received 3,136 Likes on 2,069 Posts

It really helps when you put the year of your car in your personal info.

If the rad is out and the front grills are out it's not too bad of a job to remove the lights. Take the mounting frame out with them, there are 4 (5) bolts, two at the front and 2(3) along the rear and you can drop the whole assy. You may need to remove the center brace (year) to move it towards the center and then you can take it out via hte engine compartment.

M
Old 09-15-2013, 09:31 AM
John 65
Le Mans Master

Received 402 Likes on 325 Posts

I would leave the buckets as is. Yes, they can be removed, but you have to be very careful installing and readjusting them after the paints dry. I sprayed the 2 bezels off the car, and raised and lowered the buckets by hand for paint. Even in the closed position the overspray will get in there and coat the edges.

Get notified of new replies

To Removing the lighting pods

Quick Reply: Removing the lighting pods