C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has other Hobbies?

Old 12-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Mike7143
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I had cool hobbies like all the ones I've seen here! Didn't know I was such a loser!
I mostly tinker around with electronics and computers, both software and hardware these days. I enjoy building PCs and setting up home theater equipment/HTPCs. In my high school days I was into car audio. I've always enjoyed wrenching on cars; hence the 72 restoration.
I currently have a house with no garage so I don't have a good place to play with stuff, coupled with the fact that I'm young and don't have the assortment of tools dad has acquired over his time.

My guess is that as I become older, obtain a garage and acquire tools, and hopefully can afford more toys that I'll find something cool to come back and post about!

One of my "systems"

Yes, I lowered my first vehicle, my 1988 Astro

Light off roading in my 94 S-10 Blazer

Fixed a front hub and installed a soft top on my dad's 72 Jimmy

Love that thing, wish he'd give it to me for Christmas this year! Needs work, it has a 350 TPI in it and it's got a weird starting problem, along with some needed body work and interior.

Dabble in "art"... all done in mechanical pencil

Cool class I took in college, built an electric kart for racing. Could see myself trying a full size electric conversion some day. In fact, I've come across a few corvette conversions

Had fun seeing what everyone else does here!

Oh, also, when I was in college, I liked a cheap beer, still do, but prefer the nicer ones. I still try to re-live the days of breakfast club at Purdue, attended one a few weeks ago. Rainbow spotted unicorn... friends made me do it. Obviously I had ingested some barley pops that morning. Having fun will always be a hobby!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:15 PM
Mick71
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15,'21

Lots of talented craftsmen around here!
I collect, work on and ride old motorcycles and play golf for enjoyment. I also volunteer at the local foodbank and deliver Meals on Wheels. In the summer I teach motorcycle safety for the state. Since I retired, I don't know how I ever had time to go to work!

Last edited by Mick71; 12-05-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:31 AM
pedec
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mx and off road bike racing
Attached Images  
Old 12-06-2013, 09:13 AM
RodanAZ
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mick71
Lots of talented craftsmen around here!
I collect, work on and ride old motorcycles and play golf for enjoyment. I also volunteer at the local foodbank and deliver Meals on Wheels. In the summer I teach motorcycle safety for the state. Since I retired, I don't know how I ever had time to go to work!

Is that a Paso hiding in there? Always liked that bike, but never had the chance to own one. Eventually acquired an ST4S, and it was a major disappointment... what a POS. Sometimes the dream is better than the reality!
Old 12-06-2013, 09:41 AM
sullyman56
Drifting

Received 272 Likes on 198 Posts

For me it's my 77 C3 followed by a 1944 ****** MB that I'm restoring along with dirt bikes, a nice cruiser, shooting and it looks like I'm the only Ham radio operator so far. The kids are competitive swimmers so that keeps my busy as well.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:13 AM
Mick71
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15,'21

Originally Posted by RodanAZ
Is that a Paso hiding in there?
Yep! Good eye. It's an '87 I found in a guy's living room with 4k mi. on it. 1 of 250 blue ones imported that year.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:27 PM
vairxpert
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

edit.....

dang thought this was a new thread.

Last edited by vairxpert; 12-06-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:56 AM
txdoglover
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work full time (reluctantly) and have so many interests that I could retire now and not be bored. I like: genealogy, (working on both my side and my husbands), dog training and anything related to dogs (I have 2 an Australian Cattle Dog and a Border Collie), am currently writing a novel (my brother writes and is inspiring me to, also), shooting guns (at targets only), reading, birdwatching, gourmet (vegan mostly) cooking.
All you hockey nuts, we had the Tampa Bay Lightning win a few years ago, maybe more than a few! and they brought the Stanley Cup to the hospital in Tampa that I worked at and we got to take pictures with it and touch it. Oooohhhh!
Zuerndler, great wildlife photos. Your website, please?
lakerider57- the beer brewing is cool, recently I tried a green chile beer and am now addicted!! We have Big Bend Brewery here and people love their beer.
tektran- I have reptiles,too! Approx 40 Kingsnakes, milksnakes and a few lizards. Your monitors are cool!
Paul74, I like your thinking on the bee subject. I try to keep my garden full of things the bees, butterflies and hummingbirds like to pollinate. The bee disease is scary for our future.
Lots of great hobbies and pictures, guys!!!!
Old 12-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

Received 2,606 Likes on 1,393 Posts

I assume I have one of the stranger hobbies on this forum. I explore and map technical slot canyons in Southern Utah, many of which have never been descended until we beta them. Here is a video of my family in a technical slot canyon I popularized. Enjoy...

In the winter I spend my time ice climbing when I'm not working on my 1970 Corvette, which is why my handle is "Iceaxe" on all forums I frequent.

Last edited by Iceaxe; 12-07-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:00 AM
hereigo
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Roco71
Been playing guitar myself for a little over 40 years but I am not as good as you. You are really good.
I build acoustic guitars....can't play though....
Old 12-09-2013, 10:53 PM
hotrodnick
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Great hobbies, diverse people make these forums fun. I have collected farm toys, camping in the summer, bowling in the winter. Cruise ins and car shows with my new 79.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:06 AM
SD71VETTE
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have always played sports since I was a kid and love to compete. Since I can't compete in football, baseball and basketball anymore. I play a lot of golf!

I also enjoy working on cars, riding motorcycles, and playing guitars
Old 12-10-2013, 12:19 AM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,153 Likes on 2,726 Posts

My hobby....................

My challenge..........

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who has other Hobbies?