C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone purchased from Riverside Corvettes in CA ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 01:56 AM
Aussie79
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Has anyone purchased from Riverside Corvettes in CA ?

Just wondering if these guys are all good to buy parts from? Especially international buyers.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Aussie79
Racer

*bump* No one at all? Surely someone on the west coast has had dealings with them?
Old 08-08-2013, 09:24 PM
ddawson
Le Mans Master

Received 600 Likes on 486 Posts

Nope, if I need it fast I order from Corvetteclinicparts in San Jose.

Otherwise Willcox, Zip and Corvette Central.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:55 PM
79CalShark
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope, never heard if them. I typically get my parts from J&D Corvette.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:18 PM
martaroony
Instructor

Originally Posted by Aussie79
Just wondering if these guys are all good to buy parts from? Especially international buyers.
Hey Aussie,, I'm also an aussie, and I've tried a few of the big known suppliers.

I can honestly say Zip was terrific to deal with , if you can get everything you need from them , then that's what I would do.

You will undoubtly have had the same problem as any of us overseas guys, especially Australia , we really have to get everything we need all at once from the same supplier , to keep the freight to a minimum.

If we were in the U.S you can afford to get 3 different orders, from 3 different suppliers , as most of them offer free freight to the U.S states.
So you would simply buy from where you could get the item at the cheapest price , assuming you knew quality was there.

Now if I can give you a "Tip" on the quiet, if you ring Zip talk to JT , I found him particularly helpful and sympathetic to our cause , of trying to get our parts shipped economically.
Also, you didn't hear it from me , SShhhhhhh, but he gave me a further 10% off for being Aussie. hehehehe.

Having said all that, I hear a lot of good things about , Willcox on here , so would probley be worth while checking their site out as well.
I think they also have a cool USPS shipping calculator, which I know for me is an "absolute deal sealer" if I can see exactly how much freight will be. It allows you to add or take things out of the basket , to work out a happy medium in shipping that your happy to pay.

Anyway mate , hope this helps, Just my experiences,

Marty,
Old 08-09-2013, 01:55 AM
Aussie79
Racer

Originally Posted by martaroony
Hey Aussie,, I'm also an aussie, and I've tried a few of the big known suppliers.

I can honestly say Zip was terrific to deal with , if you can get everything you need from them , then that's what I would do.

You will undoubtly have had the same problem as any of us overseas guys, especially Australia , we really have to get everything we need all at once from the same supplier , to keep the freight to a minimum.

If we were in the U.S you can afford to get 3 different orders, from 3 different suppliers , as most of them offer free freight to the U.S states.
So you would simply buy from where you could get the item at the cheapest price , assuming you knew quality was there.

Now if I can give you a "Tip" on the quiet, if you ring Zip talk to JT , I found him particularly helpful and sympathetic to our cause , of trying to get our parts shipped economically.
Also, you didn't hear it from me , SShhhhhhh, but he gave me a further 10% off for being Aussie. hehehehe.

Having said all that, I hear a lot of good things about , Willcox on here , so would probley be worth while checking their site out as well.
I think they also have a cool USPS shipping calculator, which I know for me is an "absolute deal sealer" if I can see exactly how much freight will be. It allows you to add or take things out of the basket , to work out a happy medium in shipping that your happy to pay.

Anyway mate , hope this helps, Just my experiences,

Marty,
Hi Marty, thanks for the tips but really I am quite a veteran at this, I have owned my 79 since 1997 (16 years) and always bought parts from US, I have tried all the big vendors and had mixed experience, the parts I need now are not all available from the big vendors but these guys happen to have them in stock (as you say, freight is the killer). I have placed an order and we will see how well they perform. BTW, I can tell you of some horror stories I have had with some of the major vendors but I wont bag anyone on line so I will keep them to myself, I sure as heck wont buy from them again, that's my silent protest.

Cheers, Dennis.

Last edited by Aussie79; 08-09-2013 at 01:58 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:02 AM
Aussie79
Racer

Default Corvette Specialty

Oops, my bad, I just realised that the company name is not Riverside Corvettes but Corvette Specialty who happen to be in Riverside CA, maybe someone has heard of them now? Probably too late for this thread. Sorry, Dennis.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:21 AM
imariver
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Never heard of Corvette Specialty
Old 08-09-2013, 08:54 AM
Eric Voigt
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 6 Posts

I have been to their shop and looked around. They get their parts from most of the major suppliers. Their catalog is a re-covered Corvette America book.

They specialize in service/restoration. Have a really good fiberglass shop.

Have you tried Corvette Image for fiberglass parts? They have high quality PM parts and supply to Paragon, Ecklers and on..CI is great to deal with and supplies excellent help as well.

Eric

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone purchased from Riverside Corvettes in CA ?

Quick Reply: Has anyone purchased from Riverside Corvettes in CA ?