Sponsored by:

A 1978 WIth 10 Miles On It

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Priya
That wouldn't bother me. If I had $32,000 to spend on it I wouldn't leave it as is, the plastic and cardboard are comming off and I'm driving it like I would any other car. If you don't drive it, its virtually useless and for me it would be well worth the loss in value to experience having a new car that actually looks good unlike almost everything made after 1985. If I bought a brand new Mustang with a V6 for $35000 I could also say "If I drive it and put miles on it, it loses its uniqueness" but no one would think it strange or unreasonable to put as many miles on it as I felt like - it's no different with a Corvette like this.
Originally Posted by Amorget
If you'd do that to this car, then this car isn't for you. Cars like this aren't cars, they are pieces of art.
Its not for you to decide whether such a car is for me or not, its for me to decide. You have no say in what I do.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Amorget
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its not for you to decide whether such a car is for me or not, its for me to decide. You have no say in what I do.
I hope you don't seriously think that I believe I have any say in what you do.

You want me to generalize it more instead instead of saying "you"? I can say "this car isn't for people who want the car to use it as a car. It is no longer a car, it is a piece of art" This is the internet, don't take things so personally.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Priya
Le Mans Master

You want me to generalize it more instead instead of saying "you"? I can say "this car isn't for people who want the car to use it as a car. It is no longer a car, it is a piece of art"
Its not for you to decide whether or not this car is for people who want the car to use it as a car, its for them to decide. You have no say in what anyone else does.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Amorget
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its not for you to decide whether or not this car is for people who want the car to use it as a car, its for them to decide. You have no say in what anyone else does.
So you are saying I can't have an opinion on the type of person that should buy this car and express that opinion on a message board?

Would you be saying the same thing if I had said, somebody buy this car and drive it! Cars aren't meant to sit around like this, it's such a shame?
Old 08-08-2013, 03:09 PM
TexasYankee
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

If I bought it, (after putting even MORE money into it to make it road worthy), I'd drive it till the wheels fell off.

Actually I'd more than likely use the 32K as a down payment on a C7 and let Jay Leno buy it.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Priya
Le Mans Master

So you are saying I can't have an opinion on the type of person that should buy this car and express that opinion on a message board?

Would you be saying the same thing if I had said, somebody buy this car and drive it! Cars aren't meant to sit around like this, it's such a shame?
Well, how about if you said I wouldn't drive such a car if I bought it instead of saying "this is not the car for you/them", which is a statement that you've decided on behalf of others, that you are in charge of what they should think and feel?

It'd be no different than if a poster said "If I bought a car like this it'd go into storage and I'd never drive it." and then I quoted them and said "If you're going to buy a car like this and not drive it then this is not the car for you." - who am I to tell other's what they should or shouldn't do with such a car? If someone wants to buy such a car and not drive it and have it be basically useless that's for them to decide, not me. So, no I don't think its your place to specify who shouldn't buy this car. If you had said "somebody buy this car and preserve it! Such cars aren't meant to be driven." I doubt I'd have said anything.

Last edited by Priya; 08-08-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:59 PM
LS6 Motor
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by e6bailey
I would have to disagree. The warranty starts on any vehicle once it has been sold and titled. I was saying if any of the cars in the original post I quoted were still on MSO and never sold, technically the manufacture would still have to honor the warranty.

If you were to buy a left over 2012 in 2013 your warranty would start in the day you buy it in 2013 not 2012. So I don't think the three years winning theory would apply to any car that has not be purchased and titled.

Your responds for the 3 years/36K I am guessing is referring to the 10 mile Corvette. I was referring to the person who posted about the untitled cars with MSO's going up for auction.
You would be correct in your assumption that the warranty doesn't start until it is titled. The one problem would be trying to submit a warranty claim. You wouldn't be able to find a labor code because S.I. in GM Global doesn't go back that far and there would be no information that would show up to verify an in service date. Even if you could verify this information, good luck getting parts, GM warranty doesn't allow the use of any non GM parts for warranty repairs, so all in all, you would be SOL.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:04 AM
PeteZO6
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Don't people READ all the posts?. Apparently not. Read post #14. Whoever buys a preserved older vehicle can do whatever the he|| he or she wants. Once it is in the buyers hands, the buyer decides: preserve it as a museum piece, drive the crap out of it,or part it out. New owner has the right to make the decision. Kudos to you Piyra!

Pete
Old 08-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Thanks Pete.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:50 PM
keithinspace
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasYankee
...let Jay Leno buy it.