Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

69 Seatbelt Bolt Question / Pics

Old 06-20-2013, 02:49 PM
BOSTONCAMARO
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Default 69 Seatbelt Bolt Question / Pics

I only have 4 bolts? I am thinking the two shorter ones are for the shoulder harnesses.

I am thinking the 4 for the fronts should be the same? I will have to look...somehow I misplaced them!

I appreciate any guidance and help, I do not have the AIM here at work and have searched threads to no avail.

Regards, Tim

disregard, forgot two have studs sticking on that hold belts, with nuts...

Last edited by BOSTONCAMARO; 06-20-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:45 AM
palmbeachvette76
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

The shoulder bolts (long ones with a section without threads) should be used on the buckle side (transmission tunnel) along with the metal straps that go inside the buckle sleeve which is overkill. You'll need another pair of bolts to attach the lap belt under the rear corner of the seat and another pair to bolt the retractors to the rear fender well. 69's mount the shoulder retractors on a vertical plane not flat running parallel with the frame.

Those shoulder bolts are on the buckle side so the buckle can pivot forward and back to accommodate different size occupants. If I remember, when I get to work I look to see if I have the AIM page for the 69 and post it for you.

Eric

Old 06-21-2013, 07:55 AM
palmbeachvette76
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I found the AIM drawing but can't find a way to post it here since it's a drawing and not a photo and I can't save it any other way than a Word file. I didn't see your comment about studs and nuts on the buckle ends which appears to be what the drawing has though they aren't the easiest things to read. If you need a copy send me an email and I'll attach it for you.

With the buckles having studs you should only need 4 bolts for the retractors and lap belt anchors under the seats. Thread should be 1/2" x 13 x 1 1/2" at least that what we include in our hardware kits.

It might have been 1970 when they changed the stud on the buckle side to a shoulder bolt. Either way, hope you get everything in and working correctly.

Eric,

Old 06-21-2013, 08:02 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by palmbeachvette76
...I found the AIM drawing but can't find a way to post it here since it's a drawing and not a photo...
Scan the AIM page. Save it in .jpg format. Treat it like a picture.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:17 AM
BOSTONCAMARO
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

haha not sure you saw my edit, I realized there are two studs...has been awhile since I removed the seatbelts

thanks just the same

Get notified of new replies

To 69 Seatbelt Bolt Question / Pics

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 69 Seatbelt Bolt Question / Pics