Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone motivate me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 10:45 PM
91turbo2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is awesome robrace10. Very good taste. That motivates me at least.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:46 PM
72SLEEPER
Advanced

Small to do list:

Finish wiring water pump to starter and thermo switch
Finish wiring fans to starter and thermo switch
Install new mini starter
Install carb
Install fuel pump after I flush lines and tank
Install oil filter kit
Reconnect trans lines
Install alternator
more to come will update as I do the projects this post alone keeps me thinking about and makes me want to work on the car just to report to u guys... I am not that bad off see what u guys have done to ur cars my car looks nice compared to what some of u guys have started with nice guys really nice
Old 06-23-2013, 11:23 PM
ClassicGlass63
Instructor

RobRace10,

yes,
very motivating. I have done four frame off and a number of just fixing them up.

My first Corvette was a black 69. I bought it back in 1984 for $7,000.
It was a 350/350, A/C, 4-speed, PB, PW, PS.

Seeing your car makes me want to get my black 63 going again,
So thanks.

I hate to admit I rolled my black 69. I got 10K from the insurance company. I then sold a 68 roadster that I was fixing up to sell at the time.

My Mom found out I got 10K from my indurance company. She pounded on me to sell the 68, take the money from the 69 and buy a house.

So, as much as I hated doing it, the best move I ever made in my life was not buying another Corvette with the insurance, taking the money from the 68, and at the age of 26, I bought my first house.

That was in the old days when you had to put 20% down.

It took three years to save up and buy the 72, LS-5, 4-speed, A/C car I still have now.

Thanks for the motivation and memories of why I do/did this.

Keep turning that wrench. It is still early enough and nice enough here in CA to go out nd work on it now.

Thanks again Ron
Old 06-24-2013, 07:32 AM
ChaosPhoenixFix
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

72SLEEPER, Sounds like a good list to me! Don't fix it up for us, do it for you. But I am happy to hear you are making progress! One step at a time. Just think of the reaction from the old lady next store when you fire it up for the first time!
Old 06-24-2013, 11:32 AM
jakvette
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi,
72SLEEPER ,
Seems as if you got the motivation now Thats great , just to stand back after a couple of hours and see what you have acheived will spur you on for the next days work .

The trick is not to get down when you get stuck on one particular thing, rather ask the guys on the forum to chirp up with some help and direction , its amazing how quick problems and tasks get solved .
You will have an awesome ride when its done , and when you get it to a safe level treat yourself to a spin around the block , does wonders for the motivation to finish .

Drove mine without windows in , door panels on and an old seat just to feel and hear that baby purr .

Keep it going , would love to see the pictures of the grin on your face the first time you drive it and another motorist hoots at your car in admiration

john
Old 06-30-2013, 12:34 PM
ChaosPhoenixFix
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Any progress?
Old 07-01-2013, 12:14 AM
dmeesq
Drifting

Received 160 Likes on 46 Posts

MY CAR BEFORE.....

AND AFTER.....

You can do it!!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 12:48 AM
FatCat
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my car last September, I am not a mechanic or a paint guy. I just took my wife out last Saturday for our first date night.
I rebuilt the engine, scraped and painted the car in 8 months all from help on this forum. You can do it and be cruising before you know it. I am now planning for what to do next winter! I am sure it will be a lot of work but look forward to the challenge. Good luck!
Old 07-02-2013, 05:44 AM
oldgto
Safety Car

Received 991 Likes on 485 Posts

If you haven`t already, go check out the thread "Show us your garage & Corvette"..... you`d be surprised how many are in various states of tear-down or assembly! Helps you realize you`re not alone!
Old 08-30-2013, 11:10 PM
FatCat
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you get motivated yet brother!!
Old 08-31-2013, 09:11 AM
flyeri
Drifting

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by 72SLEEPER
Thanks for the quick replys. I actually have all the parts that I need aside from the carb I just feel overwhelmed and dont know where to begin. I just need to do it. break it down into small projects and get it done. I just want to do it all at once. I constantly forget that most of the awesome cars on this site took years to get going... I am young (28) and want it now... Thanks again for the input!
I'm 56 and still want to get it all done at once. What looks like it should be a quick easy repair usually takes way longer because you find something else wrong. From my overall task list I make a short list for the day or maybe week. When those are done I make another short list. If I find another problem in the middle of one task I decide if I have to fix now, because of its location or relevance to the task at hand, or add to the big list. I finish the short list and move on to the next. There is a sense of accomplishment in getting a list all crossed off. Also to keep some sanity, my overall list is not my daily/weekly working list.

I have not done a complete restore but some of my Corvette and other projects overwhelm me. My big list/short list plan has served me well over the years and helped me finish them quite satisfactorily. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Someone motivate me!!!