Sponsored by:

help with window and weatherstripping

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 09:32 PM
pleasants9
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default help with window and weatherstripping

I just had all new weather stripping put on my '82 corvette. I used the weatherstripping kit offered by wilcox which so far seems to be working great but I have one problem. Both my windows dont seem to sit all the way up into the t-top weatherstripping. I know it is new and stiff but with my windows all the way up it isnt sealing at the top and I can hear the wind coming inbetween the window and weather stripping. Is there anyway I can adjust my window to come up another 1/8 of an inch?
Old 05-16-2013, 10:40 PM
EIGHTY
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by pleasants9
I just had all new weather stripping put on my '82 corvette. I used the weatherstripping kit offered by wilcox which so far seems to be working great but I have one problem. Both my windows dont seem to sit all the way up into the t-top weatherstripping. I know it is new and stiff but with my windows all the way up it isnt sealing at the top and I can hear the wind coming inbetween the window and weather stripping. Is there anyway I can adjust my window to come up another 1/8 of an inch?
Here's a very detailed link on how to deal with the windows...scroll down a bit to see where the adjusting bolts are inside the door.

I've heard of people loosening those bolts...closing the door and using glass suction cups to hold the window in place while tightening the bolts. Grab a buddy and give it a go.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:43 PM
pleasants9
Racer

thank you very much

here are some photos of it fresh out of paint

[/quote]
I still need to freshen up wheels and polish them good
Old 05-17-2013, 09:41 AM
EIGHTY
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks great
Old 05-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Arkyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Mine is the same way only I discovered my regulator teeth are screwed up when I adjust it to go higher. It just grinds. If I help the window go up the last inch I'm good though.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:43 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,336 Posts

Do the windows go all the way up, with the doors open? If so, I wouldn't be to quick to re-adjust the door glass.

People often have trouble getting the door glass to go all the way up, especially on 78-82 cars. Some of the repro 78-82 rear side glass (B-pillar) weatherstrip, is too hard. The hard weatherstrip, keeps the glass from going all the way up.

If the glass will go up with the doors open, you may want to hold off on adjusting the glass, until the new weatherstrip has a chance to form to the glass some.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:07 PM
pleasants9
Racer

Originally Posted by gbvette62
Do the windows go all the way up, with the doors open? If so, I wouldn't be to quick to re-adjust the door glass.

People often have trouble getting the door glass to go all the way up, especially on 78-82 cars. Some of the repro 78-82 rear side glass (B-pillar) weatherstrip, is too hard. The hard weatherstrip, keeps the glass from going all the way up.

If the glass will go up with the doors open, you may want to hold off on adjusting the glass, until the new weatherstrip has a chance to form to the glass some.
thanks for the caution, the windows still dont seem to go up enough even when i raise them with the doors open. I took it out on the highway today and i could hear the wind whistling through the top of both windows so i know they need to come up a little bit more.

Get notified of new replies

To help with window and weatherstripping

Quick Reply: help with window and weatherstripping