Originally Posted by DZRick
Get back in the box!
LOL...
Old 03-22-2013, 02:02 AM
aussiejohn
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Hmmm.......

A friend of mine bought his girlfriend (as opposed to his wife) a camo bra (part of a complete set, I believe) from Cabela's.

Would that help?

It would certainly be cheaper. [/QUOTE]

PHOTO PLEASE!!!!!!

Regards from Down Under.

aussiejohn
Old 03-30-2013, 06:13 PM
donnie1956
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shua1269
Alright so I have been throwing around some ideas about what to do with my '74 to make it a little more unique, I am a huge fan of hunting camo. I have a vinyl wrap on my truck and wanted to ger some ideas and feed back from people that have done something like this or how I should do it. I do not want to do the whole car, either just the sides or stripes. I have played with photoshop a little to get a little hint on what it might look like.

If you have done anything similar with or without camo or wraps please share your pics and thoughts. here are a couple things I have thrown together. Mine is all black, by the way...

Here is one I saw the whole car done. not too thrilled on this though.
Any idea of what this would cost for a full vinyl wrap? I guess the same for any color as its mostly labor to install.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:36 PM
Duane4238
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by F22
Intriguing thought, but I've always had a little idea in the back of my mind, that some of nature's colors and schemes could be used in a custom paint or wrap on a car and it would look really good (if it was done nicely).

After walking through a granite store, I was impressed with the absolute beauty of the stone and the patterns and if you could put this on a car, it would be great.

This has already been done by Fred and Wilma Flintstone. Didn't go over too well, as they went off the air some time ago. I think you should stick with a beautiful color and leave the camo wraps to the hunters and their 4x4's.
Duane
Old 03-30-2013, 06:56 PM
vetteguy75
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
LA Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by donnie1956
Any idea of what this would cost for a full vinyl wrap? I guess the same for any color as its mostly labor to install.
I own a sign shop and a wrap runs anywhere between $3,500 and $8,000.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:16 PM
KenSny
Melting Slicks

Received 276 Likes on 201 Posts

I have the perfect solution for anyone afflicted with color indecision.

I'm now offering my Not-So-Professional services with this one-time get acquainted deal.

I'll paint your car in a randomly applied non-pattern with any 5 colors of your choice for $100. If you want to eliminate all the hassle of color selection then allow me to choose the colors for the unheard of extra cost of only $1.

Full disclosure requires me to state that I will purchase all my paint at the local discount store. All paint will be off-the-shelf brand name spray paint that anyone can purchase. You do not need a professional license to use them. No EPA paperwork required.

To keep the labor cost down I will not engage in any tedious, and time-consuming, masking of the wheels or trim, since overspray only adds to the overall effect.

I can paint your car anywhere and anytime. In the backyard or on the street, on a sunny day or a windy day, it doesn't matter. I won't paint in the rain, although rain drops do produce a unique effect when you paint over them. While a certain amount of wind-borne debris will only enhance the final effect, I cannot be held responsible for any "over application" caused by the neighbor kids throwing dirt or sand while I'm painting. So it will be your responsibly to manage crowd control on paint day.

I've been told that I do my best work with a good buzz-on. Therefore, if you want my very best paint job have a fifth of Grant’s Glenfiddich Single Malt Scotch available when I start. That, of course, is NOT included in the quote. I will also require a lawn chair setup nearby, as I will need to kick-back every now and then to see how my work is progressing. An artist does not like to be hurried!

I'll sign the car, when I'm finished, with my highest rated logo "KaR KrAzY KoLoRs by KeN". That in itself will probably guarantee getting pictures of your car in one of the local crusin' magazines! Remember, no two cars I paint will ever be the same - each is a unique work of signed art!

Just think - no need to pay for time consuming body work. I have studied methods used by the great Renaissance Masters and can apply paint thick enough to fill-in most cracks and seams. No more waiting for weeks while the body shop keeps applying filler and sanding, filler and sanding, over-and-over again. No more waiting for weeks for the paint to cure, then more sanding, then more painting, then more waiting. Geez, just the thought of all that work gives me a headache.

Don't worry about "how many coats of wax" you'll need to apply when it's done. No need to fret about the "best car wax to use". Why bother with all that extra expense? Wax is wax! Just let the paint dry for a day and head on down to the local car wash at your earliest convenience. Select the "Lemon Wax" option and spray it on. Do not wipe, just let it dry to a nice sheen in the warm sun. For the next month or two just use any regular spray can household polish, like "Pledge", or whatever you can find at the local grocery store. Ask the wife or girlfriend, they know about these things.

I absolutely guarantee that you'll be the talk of every Cruise-In you attend, or your money will be sadly refunded. Of course, the Scotch cannot be returned, at least not in its original state, and I will insist that you remove my signature logo. Warning: Without my signature logo it will be mistaken for "just another Bubba paint job" and I'm sure you don't want that!

One other thing: Don't worry about that dreaded "K-Mart shopping cart rash" ruining your paint. Touch-up is so easy any four-year old can do it. Just think of it as a great way to bond with your children, I'm sure they would be happy to help you maintain your pride-and-joy. By applying the age-old principle of "practice makes perfect", every nick and scratch is another chance for the young ones to gain experience.

Remember. I'm here to help you through this stress-laden and painful decision making process. And in the event you choose not to partake of my talents - I wish you the best of luck in your quest.

As my personal hero Red Green is fond of saying: "If the women can't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy". Words to live by, eh?
Old 03-30-2013, 07:43 PM
shua1269
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteguy75
I own a sign shop and a wrap runs anywhere between $3,500 and $8,000.
Oh wow, there are a few places here inTucson where I live that will wrap a whole truck for $2k and less for a smaller car and they do pretty damn good work. I guess it does depend on a lot of things, but

Originally Posted by donnie1956
Just Shop around near you. It depends on where you go and how much labor is.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:42 PM
KIKIRIKI
Instructor

Originally Posted by KenSny
I have the perfect solution . . . Words to live by, eh?
lol, very nice. Needs to be a sticky.

Anyways, back to the question at hand. Whatever you do don't half *** it. The last thing you need is a crazy idea half assed. I was going to recommend camo that almost blends in with your car, but your car is blue so that's out the window. How about something that makes it look like the tires are kicking up leaves? I dunno, something that isn't such a sharp contrast between the car's paint and vinyl may be the ticket. I guess it also depends on what kind of environment you wish to be hard to see in. If it's the skies above enemy territory, then you could get something badass like the F-22 raptor. The possibilities are endless man!!

Also this idea is crazy. I can't wait to see what it turns out like
Old 03-30-2013, 08:46 PM
shua1269
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KIKIRIKI
but your car is blue so that's out the window. How about something that makes it look like the tires are kicking up leaves? ..............
Also this idea is crazy. I can't wait to see what it turns out like
Well my car is actually black, I didn't have a picture of the top of my car so I used the only roof shot I found online lol. You can see what my car actually looks like if you look on my profile!

But I'll keep it posted as to what I go with. The reason I'm going with a wrap is because I can have it removed if I end up not liking it enough.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:55 PM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

Good luck with that unique look.

Last edited by AGVI; 03-30-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:59 AM
donnie1956
Burning Brakes

http://www.wikihow.com/Plasti-Dip-Yo...ar-Accessories

Quick Reply: Camoflage