Sponsored by:

82 Crossfire - Fuel Pressure Guage

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Wrecked82
Le Mans Master

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Default 82 Crossfire - Fuel Pressure Guage

Seen several posts recently that says the fuel pressure guage should be between the two TBI's. However, it is possible to mount a guage on the top of the front TBI and have it totally contained within the air cleaner.

Just need to drill and tap the top of the TBI injector body, fabricate two 90* elbows and screw in the guage. Years ago, I was told there was no way a guage would fit inside an air cleaner. Well, take a look, all you non-believers.

You can also see how to bend the air cleaner hold down post to put it in the center of an after market air cleaner lid. Threaded rod is epoxy'd into an adapter nut.

Please ignore the dirty looks of the TBI, etc. Will be cleaning all up shortly.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Arkyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

I like it. I would be more inclined to just have a Schrader valve there to check pressure when suspect. But if that location gives accurate pressure it looks good.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Wrecked82
Le Mans Master

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Arkyvette
I like it. I would be more inclined to just have a Schrader valve there to check pressure when suspect. But if that location gives accurate pressure it looks good.
I would imagine the guage (Auto Meter), liquid filled is as good as any schrader guage. From my experience with tire guages, they can vary from make to make. And, this was easier than trying to find the correct fittings for the TBI fuel lines and fabricating the line between the two with a valve.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:01 PM
old-hippie
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yet another option for a gauge

Last edited by old-hippie; 04-12-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:06 PM
bls72bmw
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Air cleaners

Larry and Old Hippie thanks for posting. New to CFI and a couple easy questions of I may

Where did you get and what exactly is the air cleaner set up you have? It looks very tastefully done.

What is the make and style of fuel pressure gauge?

Last and most importantly how does your car run with that air intake and the stock throttle bodies? I imagine it's taking in more air yet warmer air? My car is stock right now and don't want to change it completely but I like seeing the engine as you have done here.

Would enjoy hearing from both of you and a little more about your gauge install Old Hipp
Thanks fellas
Old 06-25-2015, 11:14 AM
old-hippie
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the air cleaners i made.... i took the bases from the quad 4 air cleaners from a junk yard cut out the centers and attached them to a flat steel plate to fit a 9" filter... very easy. the gauge was also super easy. i purchased the liquid filled gauge and 1/8 stainless street elbow on ebay. the car runs great. i had the throttle bodies bored out to 2" and i reworked the inside of the intake a lil bit. my best time is a 14.6 in quarter mile with a 275 60 15 tire on the rear and the stock gear. i believe these cars did 15.9... stock from the factory. hope this helps, old-hippie

Originally Posted by bls72bmw
Larry and Old Hippie thanks for posting. New to CFI and a couple easy questions of I may

Where did you get and what exactly is the air cleaner set up you have? It looks very tastefully done.

What is the make and style of fuel pressure gauge?

Last and most importantly how does your car run with that air intake and the stock throttle bodies? I imagine it's taking in more air yet warmer air? My car is stock right now and don't want to change it completely but I like seeing the engine as you have done here.

Would enjoy hearing from both of you and a little more about your gauge install Old Hipp
Thanks fellas

Get notified of new replies

To 82 Crossfire - Fuel Pressure Guage

Quick Reply: 82 Crossfire - Fuel Pressure Guage