C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[MERGED] multiple NEW PHOTOBUCKET picture posting directions PLUS 2 MORE OPTIONS!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 10:16 AM
MrJlr
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default [MERGED] multiple NEW PHOTOBUCKET picture posting directions PLUS 2 MORE OPTIONS!

PLEASE NOTE ... I have merged this thread of MrJlr's and mine to combine helpful directions threads re: Photobucket and subsequent changes they have made. Please note many posts may seem random as the threads merged, and some unhelpful posts are deleted for cleanup. Thanks, VB5869

ANOTHER NOTE: Please seee post #43... there are now THREE easy options for posting pictures at the Forum. Along with Photobucket, you can use the "Paperclip" icon Attach function off your computer, or the "Insert Image" icon function, - directions for that new one included at post #43.

I see a lot of people having a hard time posting pictures...I hope this helps.

This example uses Photobucket (you will need a Photobucket account - it's free)

First off - There is a "NEW" version of PhotoBucket. It is much harder to use (IMO) so you will need to change
back to the old version. It is very easy to do (See picture below).
IF - you sign on to you PhotoBucket account and the screen looks something like this (pic below) then
click "Switch Back To The Original PhotoBucket".

Here is the main screen after you've signed into your Photobucket account

If you click "Upload" (see picture above), you will see this screen.

Click on "Select Photos and Videos". Navigate your computer to where you saved your pictures.

Once you've uploaded your files, go to the "Album" you put them in (see first picture to select "Album") If you did not create an album, they all go into your main area. It is usable like that - but I recommend you make albums to keep your photos organized. I have albums for Corvette, Fishing, etc...

Now, when you see the photo you want to put in your CorvetteForum post, move the mouse over the picture - do NOT click on it, simply hover the mouse over the picture. A "pop-up" menu will appear as it does in this picture.

Click the box I show in the above picture and your "link" will automatically be copied to the Windows clipboard.

Now go to CorvetteForum, start a new post and paste the link into your message.

Then you will have an awesome picture like this!!!

I hope this helps...
It may seem like a lot of steps, but it's really not.....

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 08-16-2014 at 02:22 PM. Reason: telling people about 3 posting options now
Old 10-17-2012, 11:02 AM
VetteNURSE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pics

Can anyone tell me why some pics show up fine on here and some are a small white box with a red X in them? Can't look at them no matter what i try!

Mike
Old 10-17-2012, 11:11 AM
MrJlr
Race Director

Originally Posted by VetteNURSE
Can anyone tell me why some pics show up fine on here and some are a small white box with a red X in them? Can't look at them no matter what i try!

Mike
Little box with red "X" means it's a bad/invalid link...
Something be wrong with 'da link

Old 10-17-2012, 11:18 AM
VetteNURSE
Racer

Oh OK, but about half of the pics come this way???
Old 10-17-2012, 11:21 AM
MrJlr
Race Director

Originally Posted by VetteNURSE
Oh OK, but about half of the pics come this way???
If you move a picture from one album to another, that will break the link too. Pics that were good will no longer show.

Are you linking per my instructions ?

Old 10-17-2012, 01:16 PM
BKarol
Melting Slicks

Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Believe this is if you have "original photobucket".

I tried the new photobucket and needed to click on the pic, not just move the mouse over it like the original.
Then to the right, click on "Image links", then it showed the "img" which you can copy.

At least this is the way I had to do it. They do give you an option to click back to the original if you dont like the new.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Nice tutorial. Now, how about doing the same thing for a complete, frame off restoration?

Last edited by Easy Mike; 10-17-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:45 PM
MrJlr
Race Director

Originally Posted by Easy Mike
Nice tutorial. Now, how about doing the same thing for a complete, frame off restoration?

LOL....there's one in every crowd!

Old 10-17-2012, 10:06 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,326 Likes on 2,774 Posts

MrJ, I am stealing your thread and making it a sticky.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:41 AM
MrJlr
Race Director

Originally Posted by karol
Believe this is if you have "original photobucket".

I tried the new photobucket and needed to click on the pic, not just move the mouse over it like the original.
Then to the right, click on "Image links", then it showed the "img" which you can copy.

At least this is the way I had to do it. They do give you an option to click back to the original if you dont like the new.
Excellent point - I added instructions on how to switch back to the original version so this post makes more sense! I do NOT like the new version and have been in contact with the fine people at PhotoBucket.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:48 AM
imariver
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Is there any site, other than photobucket that can be used?
Old 10-18-2012, 08:53 AM
MrJlr
Race Director

Originally Posted by imariver
Is there any site, other than photobucket that can be used?
Yes....but their names escape me....others may know.
PhotoBucket no good for you ?

Old 10-21-2012, 10:37 PM
Redwing01
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

I use imagebam.
Same basic idea as all the others.
Great tutorial , thanks!!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:30 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Awesome info thank you.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:26 AM
frankrinehart4
4th Gear

Default Thanks!

Im having troubles like this! Now I know im doing it the wrong way.. Thanks. Really a great help..
Old 01-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Uncle Maddog
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=MrJlr;1582098492]I see a lot of people having a hard time posting pictures...I hope this helps.

Hi, All!
While trying to add new photos via the "My Corvette Photos" link under my avatar profile box, I could get all the way through the "upload" page, but the next page never came up to label the pix. The screen simply went back to the upload page. I already had 12 pix of a previous 'Vette in there, and the space available section said I still had 5000 kb available. What am I missing here? Thanks, U.M.......

Last edited by Uncle Maddog; 01-17-2013 at 03:27 PM. Reason: correction
Old 02-11-2013, 03:23 PM
lance m p
Racer

Default I need a guide to posting pic please [read entire post]]

Ok I.m really not THAT stupid? however I have pic's in my pc and many stored in my ph. However I'm having problems now trying to retrieve them from my ph and pc to post on this site? Theres alot of members questioning my comments and post because MY dum-*** can't seem to get my pic's to post??? I quess I need a 101 COMPLETE quide on posting photos from start to finish from stored pics in pc & ph, for SOME REASON?I have sent pics from my ph to my pc w/ no problem NOW having a problem in just doing that? because I'm an HONEST guy and some people need more proof than just words/which I'm fine w/that. I more than want to back up my comments and post w/pics ANY and ALL help will be greatly appreciated!................. dum-*** Lance, thank you.

Get notified of new replies

To [MERGED] multiple NEW PHOTOBUCKET picture posting directions PLUS 2 MORE OPTIONS!

Old 02-11-2013, 05:08 PM
MrJlr
Race Director

Originally Posted by lance m p
Ok I'm really not THAT stupid??? I can't for some reason retrieve photos stored in my pc to post? Now I'm even having trouble sending pics from my ph to my pc? I did it before? but now I cant seem to even do that simple task? I guess MY dum-*** needs a COMPLETE 101 class/guide in doing these simple procedures? I am an HONEST guy just here to get some help and MAYBE help someone in the process? I really want to post some pics so my comments and results from my experinces can be backed up w/photos. Because some people need more than words which I am fine with that. Because I'm sure there is some B.Sers. out there......however I am not one of those people, so any and ALL help will be GREATLY appreciated! so I can back up my words WITH photos.....................!dum-*** Lance. Thank you!!
pm sent with my cell number.....give me a call and I'll walk you thru it...
I created this post.
Jeff
Old 02-16-2013, 07:51 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,326 Likes on 2,774 Posts

Default NEW PHOTOBUCKET picture posting directions

OK, some people are having trouble with the new version of Photobucket. It doesn't give the automatic "drop down" menu under the uploaded photos, but it still works the same. NOTE!!! You can click on the little "gear" icon in the top right corner of your pic (you have to "hover" your cursor over the corner to have it appear) to drop down a choice for "get links" - please see detail below in post #9.

Here's a quick update. NOTE: I assume that you have joined Photobucket (for free) and already uploaded your photos. I am starting at the page where you have opened your Library in the NEW Photobucket:

Here is your opening page, showing your photos:

This is what shows when you click on the photo you want to post:

This is the bottom right corner of the same page- it shows the links avialable- you can see I have my cursor on the BOTTOM link, otherwise known as the IMG link:

This is what happens/ what it looks like when you click the IMG link- it turns yellow and says "COPIED"

Now you go to the Forum, and in the box where you are making your post, you PASTE the link you just copied. The link should look like this:

You make your forum post and SUCCESS!!!! It looks like this:

If it doesn't work, you did one of these steps wrong.

So to review... you can click on your photo to get a separate page with your photo and all the links you need, OR click on the little "gear" icon in the top right corner of your picture thumbnail in your library and go straight to a menu that you can choose to "get links."

COPY the IMG link and PASTE it into your post.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 07-10-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:05 AM
68-427Rich
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

After you've logged in to your photobucket account you can switch back to the old photobucket.

Quick Reply: [MERGED] multiple NEW PHOTOBUCKET picture posting directions PLUS 2 MORE OPTIONS!