Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Look what I drove to work for the first time

Old 02-16-2013, 02:12 AM
Ralphbf
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AirborneSilva
Hi Gage and thank you! When I got the car it didn't have a shroud on it and had a damn noisy flex fan. I may end up having to go back to the factory fan/shroud setup but with the money I have in this e fan setup I'd like to try and see if I can work this out first. When I say hot it isn't dangerous hot but yeah for the temp it was today it was running warmer than it should. My gauge is not correct but knowing where the needle is when they 180* T stat opens I would guestimate that yesterday when it was in the upper 70's it was running 200 or slightly higher, today it wasn't quite as bad but as you said it was mid 60's.

Thanks again
Nice car Airborne"

Remember C-3's are bottom feeders. The spoiler directs air into the radiator. If you cruise at 25mph or above you "should" have enough air with out the fans, with out the air conditioner on.
If you are running the air you need a fan on all the time, period.

You can use a piece of rudder mop board, or also called base board to extend your spoiler down a couple of inches. This should help a lot.

Also I run a 160 degree thermostat. I know it gets hot in Texas as well as here in California and a 180 T-stat is just to hot in my opinion.

So I'd try the 160 T-stat then the base board.
If they don't work, rod out your radiator.

Ralph
Old 02-16-2013, 02:26 AM
jr9170
Race Director

Received 1,069 Likes on 755 Posts

Old 02-16-2013, 08:27 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

This is how you park!!!

Approval Mike?
Originally Posted by Easy Mike
The guy on the right is too close.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:06 AM
AirborneSilva
Melting Slicks

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts

Yeah I thought I had parked far enough to the left since they are handicap stalls but then there was a different car there when I had gotten to work that morning. I did have plenty of room to open my door all the way so that was good I finally got it through my wife's head that if you have to park 300 feet away from the damn store to get away from people and just hoof it then that's what you have to do to protect your investment, she finally figured that out after her 2010 Challenger SRT got some door dings, now she protects her 2012 300 SRT by parking way out, she doesn't have the option to park in handicap stalls like me

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Look what I drove to work for the first time