C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for those who owned C3's back when they were new.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 04:34 AM
ffas23
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Question for those who owned C3's back when they were new.

I have a question for those that owned C3 Corvettes during the late 60's into the 70's. Back in the early 70's I owned a 1972 Corvette Coupe that I sold back in 1978 in order to go into business. I had purchased aftermarket tail light lenses for that car back then that were flat solid color lenses. At the time you could buy the Flat Tail Light lenses or the Bubble type still sold today. I would like to buy a set of the Flat Lenses once again if I could find them. I have the bubble type on my '73 Coupe that I put on the car back in '82 but really never liked the look although to me a better look then the factory original tail light lenses. Hoping to find someone who may know if those flat aftermarket lenses are made anymore and where I may be able to purchase a set of 4 once again. Not sure who the vendor was back then as I purchased the set of 4 from a Corvette Body shop doing some work on my car back in the day somewhere around 1975.

Wish I could find some pictures of my then '72 with the flat tail light lenses installed but I am striking out as I can't find any pictures of the rear of that car.

Last edited by ffas23; 12-29-2012 at 04:41 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:13 AM
ffas23
Melting Slicks

Below is picture of my my '72 taken in the mid 70's that had the Flat aftermarket Tail Light lenses. As I mentioned I sold this car back in 1978 to a good friend of mine being I needed money to open up a new business. Well my friend wrecked it less then a year later. He didn't keep the car as his insurance company totalled it. If I had the money back then I would of bought it back but my new business exhausted all the funds I had back then. Today would of been a different story. To me it was one beautiful Corvette and one of the best Corvette's I ever owned. The car was hit in the right front nose and was very fixable. This car after the accident was in New Jersey or possibly PA. I am sure someone must of fixed this car. I doubt it was crushed for the little damage it had. Maybe someone will recognize it and may own it today and possibly be a member on this forum. If so let me know. It may still have those Flat Tail Light Lenses I've talked about here. Could possibly be a different color today also but to me Elkhart Green was one of the best colors back during the early 70's. Burnt orange back then was another one of my favorites.

Last edited by ffas23; 12-29-2012 at 05:21 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:40 AM
stingr4y
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet car! Sorry but I'm not familiar with the flat lenses.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:24 AM
rvazquez
Drifting

Received 145 Likes on 81 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C3 of Year Finalist (stock)

you can still get these from 'Trim Parts'

nice car you had back then, I'm a big fan of the Elkhart green
Regards
Roy
Old 12-29-2012, 12:00 PM
ffas23
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by rvazquez
you can still get these from 'Trim Parts'

nice car you had back then, I'm a big fan of the Elkhart green
Regards
Roy
Yes as I mentioned above the Bubble type of Lenses are still available as I have them on my '73 Coupe. The Flat Lenses I am speaking about are really a better look on the back of a '68-'73 Corvette. They are flat like the lenses on a C5 Corvette. Back in the day I never ran into anyone else in Central New Jersey that had a set on their Vette. Again wish I could find a set to buy today. Hope the Vendors are reading my thread. How about it Wilcox and others? Someone must remember those Flat Tail Light Lenses I am talking about. Its going to probably take a old timer who was working for one of the Vendors back in the 70's to know what I am talking about. Back then we didn't have computers and relied on advertisements in Magazines. Ecklers was the only Corvette Vendor I remember from back in the '70s.

Last edited by ffas23; 12-29-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Question for those who owned C3's back when they were new.

Quick Reply: Question for those who owned C3's back when they were new.