Sponsored by:

Seat recommendations.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 08:37 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Seat recommendations.

I have had C5 seats in my vert since '00 or '01, luv them but I am in research mode for the potential of going a full resto mod on the '72 vert. I have looked long and hard at picking up a C6 and returning my 72 back to as original as possible.
I just am not a huge fan of the C5/6 vette, and would prefer to use the 72 as a long distance cruiser ie. through NAm and Europe in a few years.
If it was just me I would keep it essentially as is but my wife will be my sidekick. She had every rib broken min. of 3 places, vertebrae sheeted off her spine so yes she had spinal fusion. We were hit by a drunk driver taking our son to his 4th bday party at 11.10 am Sunday March '92.
The C5 seats help for short cruises but they still angle backwards so there is pressure stress on her lower back. Are there any other seats out there that she can actually set the seat bottom to flat so her legs sit straight and not angled up at the knees. She luvs being out in the vette. I will need to install Vintage Air as well. I have thought of going fr and r coil overs to stiffen and soften up the ride for her as well. Luggage rack will be added. The old Lt-1/Zr-1 duty is changing but I will keep all the original parts so that our son can put them back on in 15 or so yrs when I just won't be able to drive it.
Looking at a ls or possibly the new Lt1 engine plus a t56. I've owned this vette since '98 got for a great price, frame etc is in incredible condition.

Anyone offer comments on seat options, will need power for her now. She has been in terrible pain since she came to in the hospital, 2 fusions, another in the future on her neck. Anyone who has had spinal fusion or is very familiar with it knows why she will be forced to have another. Any positive advice is greatly appreciated. Pls no negative comments about her, we've been together for 31 yrs and I would love to spent eternity with her, she's my hero! and best friend everyone who has met her comes away in awe of her.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:44 AM
oldalaskaman
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

2004 and up ford mustang seats.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:28 AM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

hey Greg, have you tried shimming the back two bolts up? it's worth a shot.

I hope Anne gets better soon.

Les
Old 12-10-2012, 10:15 AM
BOSTONCAMARO
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

My friends dad as a well known, vintage road race car, it is a 64 Corvette convertible and when returning it to the street for cruising for him and his wife he went with BMW seas, the physical size of the seats were ideal and they are very comfortable. Some of the European car seats may be worth looking into.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:34 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Thanks all, I'll take her to some dealerships so she can test them out. Our C5 seats are in great condition but for her the seat bottom angles back so much it put too much pressure on her lower spine where the fusion was done.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat recommendations.

Quick Reply: Seat recommendations.