Sponsored by:

bubba stories

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 05:39 AM
buckhorn 76
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bubba stories

i am sure that the majority of us have come across some rather curious previous owner bubba repairs and mods. you know the kind that leave you standing there scratching your noggin and saying what the %#*#. i have had the usual stuff like screwdrivers in vacuum lines,fender washers with the sides ground off,suspicious wire taping etc. there must be some pretty hilarious stories out there,let's hear em.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:11 AM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

One bolt missing on the transmission mount to transmission case. The other mounting hole was stuffed with a sheet metal screw.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:01 AM
danhh
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats nothing. No bolts into trans mount and one broken motor mount. So the whole eng/trans held in place by one motor mount, 2 exhaust pipes and some gravity.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:21 PM
builder
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Recently pulled the intake off of my '69. Found a shop rag in the lifter valley. Must have been there to keep the pushrods polished.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:32 PM
SuperBuickGuy
Melting Slicks

Received 380 Likes on 267 Posts

rewired a car with red wire, no connectors and electrical tape

removed the bonded black and white connected wire to wire with the above wire to the fuel pump with 4 pieces of red wire

swapped out the obviously inferior fuel line for windshield washer hose on the fuel pump. Because, obviously to Bubba, the windshield washer hose was too strong, he put a slit in the side right next to the bailing wired on cherry bomb.

the end of that story.

I found all of that on the side of the road (those who don't believe in God, should - but for divine intervention that thing should have burned to the ground).

However, after that drive home (from point of purchase), I cleaned up all the problems be reconnecting the work done by the guy who did the v-8 swap (s10 blazer)... and sold it for 3x what I paid for it.... seriously, it cost me nothing to fix it.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:21 PM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought mine on ebay and did everything your NOT supposed to. No inspection etc. The first time I saw it was when the transporter dropped it off at 10:30 pm (I had a 9am appointment). I wasn't too worried about it because I was going to replace alot of stuff before I drove it but it had the body kit I wanted and the price was right. I drove it 300' and on to my friends lift.

The next day I gave it a cleaning to see what I was working with. The seller said the carb might need cleaning. Noticed the fan wiggling so it needed a water pump. When idling the car to dry off the engine it catches fire! The exhaust (undercar) was made with every piece 18" or shorter on the floor of the muffler shop (diameter didn't matter). I've heard of stepped headers, but not a stepped exhaust. Speaking of headers, the drivers side didn't clear the motor mount. No problem, just take off that nut and tap the bolt flush.

The a/c was disconected with side cutters so I figured to take off the evaporator core, when I did, I found one tank of the radiator completely green. With the radiator and water pump replaced I may as well replace the thermostat. When I pulled the neck off, this clear gasket came with it. Apparently nobody pealed the plastic shrink wrap off it before installing it. Almost everything but the body and frame have been rebuilt/replaced. The only things left are to change the motor, put back a/c and swap out a new hood. I'm sure I missed a few, but you get the idea. /:\

Get notified of new replies

To bubba stories

Quick Reply: bubba stories