Sponsored by:

Has Anyone looked at this 72 lt1 AC

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 02:17 PM
4fbodies
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Has Anyone looked at this 72 lt1 AC

I'm interested in the 72 LT1 w/AC that Valley Auto has on ebay. Has anyone looked at this car?

Thanks, Dave
Old 10-12-2012, 02:54 PM
ORANGEBROTHERS
Team Owner

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Not really just looked at it briefly it appears to be a nice car a bit pricey though IMO.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:57 PM
69VetteFla
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just pulled up the EBAY pics and I thought the LT1 had a higher RPM redline on the tach?
Old 10-12-2012, 03:51 PM
vettman1
Advanced

The LT1 AC had the lower red line. GM purposely did this since over 6K they threw the belts off and cooked the engines. If it's real with all the paperwork he is showing then the price is not bad since there aren't too many left with the original drive trains. The only make 256 and only built in the last half of production since the C60 code wasn't available until a week before Xmas 71. I have one and I wouldn't sell it for under 60K and they are going up each year.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Nomar116
Burning Brakes

What do you guys think of this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...ht_1328wt_1166

I spoke to the owner and his price is about the same as the Valley vette discussed here. However, he has no documentation to support his claims of originality or low mileage. The owner states the car is very clean, he restores classic cars, and that leads him to believe the mileage is only 50K. However, he is not a Vette expert and has not checked out any of it's numbers.

At 40-45K what should we expect out of a limited LT1/AC? I would have thought very clean, numbers matching, supported by documentation. I don't have to have AC but I love this color. This car is priced out of my league but if it doesn't check out I'm hoping he might back down on his price.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:15 AM
jr9170
Race Director

Received 1,069 Likes on 755 Posts

Both are nice,but i like the silver one.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:01 AM
ezobens
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomar116
What do you guys think of this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...ht_1328wt_1166

I spoke to the owner and his price is about the same as the Valley vette discussed here. However, he has no documentation to support his claims of originality or low mileage. The owner states the car is very clean, he restores classic cars, and that leads him to believe the mileage is only 50K. However, he is not a Vette expert and has not checked out any of it's numbers.

At 40-45K what should we expect out of a limited LT1/AC? I would have thought very clean, numbers matching, supported by documentation. I don't have to have AC but I love this color. This car is priced out of my league but if it doesn't check out I'm hoping he might back down on his price.
Hard to say- This is one of those cars that you'd need to look at in person to determine if it's worth even close to the asking price.
Block stamp doesn't look original (block was probably decked) and for the 100 pictures provided, there are some that seem to be conveniently missing (IE an entire engine compartment shot or anything from the right side of the engine compartment).
Not sure if this car was sold originally in California but if it was, it should have an AIR pump?
No picture of the tach and conveniently no picture of the console's engine rating tag- All things an LT-1 buyer would want to see.

The condition of the 'wood' trim on the console and the door panels is also odd- The right side panel looks like it's weathered pretty badly compare to the other side.

Without looking at it personally and taking it for a drive, I can only say this appears to be a very clean small block Corvette with a really nice paint job. Not worth the asking price unless you can confirm a LOT of information (and you'd think the seller would go out of his way to confirm it's an LT-1 if he's hoping to get what he's asking for it).

Just my 2 cents.
Elm
Old 10-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi n116,
A car with quite a nice paint job... forgot the louvers, and a rebuilt ? engine with quite a ? stamp pad.
Maybe the car is just a nice sb convertible.
Regards,
Alan
Old 10-13-2012, 02:44 PM
hipocars1
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

N116,
The "L" in the VIN indicates that it left the factory as an LT1.
Engine block was cast in May, car was built in June. But with the decked block and restamp of the pad, I don't know any way you could verify that this is the "born-with" engine.
Study the 1970-1972 NCRS Manual / Judging Guide to learn what to look for on these cars. If you're seriously considering buying this car, find someone in the SoCal area that knows these cars to bring along to inspect it.

Get notified of new replies

To Has Anyone looked at this 72 lt1 AC

Quick Reply: Has Anyone looked at this 72 lt1 AC