Sponsored by:

Quick and Dirty Speaker/Amp install

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Mooser
Race Director

Received 3,138 Likes on 2,069 Posts

Default Quick and Dirty Speaker/Amp install

Well, it's at least tidy(er) and everything isn't sliding around on every stop/corner.
Good enough for now, when I strip out the interior I'll have to make up something a little nicer.

It's been raining for a few days (actually that's a good thing after several weeks of dry) so I decided it was time to at least come up with a temporary solution.

I had a set of standard universal speaker boxes I put the 6x9's in last year, they are a little small so I put some better insulation inside and they are not as bad as I thought they might be.
Made up a plate to hold them apart (pressure fit against the sides of the compartment and added a couple of strips of the hook side of velcro to the bottom to grip the carpet) on the bottom and added an angled platform between them for the amplifier.

Made a false cover that goes around the amp and hides the wires.

The platform is angled to keep it short front to back but still come under the lamp)

The plate underneath is 1/2" thick and stays at least 1-1/2" away from the side and back of the speakers which lifts the entire thing up enough to miss the corners where the carpet over-lays itself and has the binding strips etc so it wouldn't sit flat.

Because the amp-tray is slightly deeper than the speakers and the back of the speaker boxes are on a slight angle, the power/speaker/rca cables all tuck into that cavity and are hidden nicely (signal on the drivers side, hi-power on the passenger)

Still room to drop the trap-door for the rear window without any real problems

Overall pretty happy with the result for a quick cleanup, didn't monkey fist anything too badly and my inner Bubba stayed away.
Mooser

Last edited by Mooser; 11-21-2017 at 09:22 PM. Reason: fix photobucket mess
Old 07-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Dose11
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

looking good sir

Quick Reply: Quick and Dirty Speaker/Amp install