My 69 in the Italien / Austrian Alps!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 11:41 AM
LancePearson
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default great. Thank you.

[QUOTE=zuendler;1582065433]Hello,

you need a audio recorder (this is mine) with a fur on the mics.

In Germany we call this audio fur "dead cat"

I have mounted the recorder on the rear deck.

I actually have an Olympus ls10 which is very similar and very good. Will put more over the mics or use an external mic and cut the lows out. I have all the stuff. Will try it. Thank you very much. I love the little Olympus stereo recorder...professional musicians use them to record sounds they like and practice with...they are terrific.

Lance Pearson
Old 10-13-2012, 05:59 PM
LancePearson
Drifting

zuendler...I could not upload just an audio track made with my Olympus Ls10 stereo recorder laid on the shift console so had to make a slideshow then add the track to youtube but this is what mine does when I just lay the sensitive little recorder with the foam over the two mics on it on the console and go through the gears a few times. Mine is a 1976 l48 with true duals and a four speed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfkLT3JjWEo

the engine has a robust sound and I'll probably try and shroud the mics and put it on the luggage rack and see what that does one of these days. I drove it on the track a while back and really didn't look at the tach as I was concentrating...I just listened to the sweet sounds of the Vette engine. I can only wonder what a 454 or a 427 sounds like truly hauling....

Lance Pearson
Chester, Virginia

Last edited by LancePearson; 10-13-2012 at 06:22 PM. Reason: changed link
Old 10-13-2012, 06:39 PM
zuendler
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Lance, if you want to hear the sound like YOU hear it in the car, you should mount the recoder right behind your headrest. There its protected from wind. But you need the fur, foam ist not so good and cuts more higher frequencies.
And then you should play it with the same volume on your home stereo system. Then you will recognize its close to reality. But its hard to get this sounding like real when played at low volume.

Btw: you´r shifting too early, pull the gears to 4000rpm, then you can have hauling too
Old 10-13-2012, 07:08 PM
LancePearson
Drifting

I know about he shifting...this was just a local drive around here recording to see what worked. I'll try the back of the seat and get some fur. Easy enough to do. I raced it at VIR and gave it as much as my abilities could do...shifted the clutch more than 600 times in 100 minutes on a 3.27 mile, 17 turn track. Fun.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:57 AM
zuendler
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

I did it again
This time with some Audi RS4 and a Mercedes SLS AMG:

Unfortunately the best scenes are missing, one time the camera had an error, the other time I had not started it.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:45 PM
empeg9000
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been watching your videos on YouTube and even subscribe to your channel but I didn't realize you were on this forum as I am new here. Awesome car and I love your videos.

Quick Reply: My 69 in the Italien / Austrian Alps!