Sponsored by:

Fiero seats?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Roco71
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by uxojerry
An alternative to Fiero seats are the Corbeau A4s. The photos are the leather models for $1395.00 per pair. Non leather are half the price. They come with direct bolt in rails. For taller individuals, they have shaved rails for an extra inch of head room. I looked at a lot of seat options and found the Corbeau's to be very cost effective and most important, EASY to do.

Attachment 47699865

Attachment 47699866

They are a compromise, as I do think C5/C6 seats look very nice, and Fiero seats look good also. I didnt want to mess with fabricating custom rails, locating and refurbishing/reupholstering older seats. If seats were my only project, I may have gone a different route. Some may call my approach, lazy, lol. I bought my seats from Mike Mak at TPS Motorsports. He was very helpful and gave me an excellent forum member discount. The seats arrived in a week.
I like them
Old 07-02-2012, 07:29 PM
normshark
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went from this:

Tothis:

To this:

Mr. Mike made the covers. Well worth the effort.

Cheers.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:34 PM
Jedi926
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by normshark
Went from this:

Tothis:

To this:

Cheers.
Nice! And thanks!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:06 PM
dmeesq
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by normshark
Went from this:

Tothis:

To this:

Cheers.
Very Nice!
Old 07-03-2012, 01:34 PM
indydoug
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I installed Fiero seats in my 1980 last fall. Using the brackets in the link above raised the seat bottom about two inches in the front, and over an inch at the back of the seat, leaving me without enough headroom. I left the passenger side that way (using the Corvette tracks) for my wife, but fashioned different feet for the Fiero tracks on the driver's side to gain back the headroom.

I just ordered new seat covers from Mr Mike over the weekend. I'll post pictures of the Fiero tracks, and the seat cover installation, when I get the covers.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:07 PM
cottoneg
Drifting

Received 182 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by uxojerry
An alternative to Fiero seats are the Corbeau A4s. The photos are the leather models for $1395.00 per pair. Non leather are half the price. They come with direct bolt in rails. For taller individuals, they have shaved rails for an extra inch of head room. I looked at a lot of seat options and found the Corbeau's to be very cost effective and most important, EASY to do.

Attachment 47699865

Attachment 47699866

They are a compromise, as I do think C5/C6 seats look very nice, and Fiero seats look good also. I didnt want to mess with fabricating custom rails, locating and refurbishing/reupholstering older seats. If seats were my only project, I may have gone a different route. Some may call my approach, lazy, lol. I bought my seats from Mike Mak at TPS Motorsports. He was very helpful and gave me an excellent forum member discount. The seats arrived in a week.

I agree with the A4 seats as an option.

Can I suggest you contact Speed Direct and speak with Randy or Eric. I purchased the Corbeau A4’s after giving up my search for Fiero seats. The A4’s are wonderful and Speed Direct makes custom brackets specifically for Corvette C3’s.

I purchased the Cloth seats and tacked on a few options like the shaved seat option and the 5th slot install for a 6 point harness. They shipped the seats free. It was way under $800 with my options. Give them a call. New is better than buy something you have to fix up.

If you find a local dealer, go sit in the seat and make an educated decision. But Speed Direct beat everyone’s price. Mention you are a CF forum member as they give us discounts, I think up to 10%

I have no financial ties with them. I got a good product at a good price and they treated me well. Try 888/425-2776. I think that is Randy in Sales.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:50 PM
rcread
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by dmeesq
replaced the speakers with some better ones
Do you remember which speakers you used in the headrest? How do they sound? I bought some Fiero seats with speakers in them and intend to make use of them. Right now, I only have speakers in the dash.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:59 PM
dmeesq
Drifting

Originally Posted by rcread
Do you remember which speakers you used in the headrest? How do they sound? I bought some Fiero seats with speakers in them and intend to make use of them. Right now, I only have speakers in the dash.
I put these in but still recommend a subwoofer for the low end.

http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/dx...x.php?s=dxi350
Old 07-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Jedi926
Racer

Originally Posted by indydoug
I installed Fiero seats in my 1980 last fall. Using the brackets in the link above raised the seat bottom about two inches in the front, and over an inch at the back of the seat, leaving me without enough headroom. I left the passenger side that way (using the Corvette tracks) for my wife, but fashioned different feet for the Fiero tracks on the driver's side to gain back the headroom.

I just ordered new seat covers from Mr Mike over the weekend. I'll post pictures of the Fiero tracks, and the seat cover installation, when I get the covers.
Pics would be awesome after it's all done. How tall are you? I'm 5' 10".
Old 07-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Jedi926
Racer

Originally Posted by cottoneg
I agree with the A4 seats as an option.

Can I suggest you contact Speed Direct and speak with Randy or Eric. I purchased the Corbeau A4’s after giving up my search for Fiero seats. The A4’s are wonderful and Speed Direct makes custom brackets specifically for Corvette C3’s.

I purchased the Cloth seats and tacked on a few options like the shaved seat option and the 5th slot install for a 6 point harness. They shipped the seats free. It was way under $800 with my options. Give them a call. New is better than buy something you have to fix up.

If you find a local dealer, go sit in the seat and make an educated decision. But Speed Direct beat everyone’s price. Mention you are a CF forum member as they give us discounts, I think up to 10%

I have no financial ties with them. I got a good product at a good price and they treated me well. Try 888/425-2776. I think that is Randy in Sales.
I haven't ruled them out and they are a nice seat.

Thanks for info. Jedi
Old 07-03-2012, 05:18 PM
rcread
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by dmeesq
I put these in but still recommend a subwoofer for the low end.

http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/dx...x.php?s=dxi350
Thanks. Now if I could only find the faceplate for the head unit I removed when re-doing my interior.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:24 PM
indydoug
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jedi926
Pics would be awesome after it's all done. How tall are you? I'm 5' 10".
I'm 6'. You may be alright with the Corvette tracks, depends if you are "torso tall" or "leg tall"
Old 07-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Domobomb
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey guys, I am thinking about these fiero seats. I am looking at a set of used seats for $80.

How much more comfortable are the fiero seats vs the c3 seats?

I am kind of tall, about 6'-1, but I have the glass ttops, which I think give a little more room.

Think I will be ok head room wise going to fiero seats? Can anyone tell me exactly how much head room I'd lose using fiero seats on c3 rails.

Thanks.

Edit: How noticeable are the speaker holes in real life? Do they detract much?

Last edited by Domobomb; 07-05-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Domobomb
Racer

Originally Posted by learje
heres mine. took a full day to do both seats, not including making the track rails. if u have a drill and the right taps making the rails is really ez btw

Looks good. I will probably steal this colour combo, but with the flatter c3 flags logo.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:24 PM
dmeesq
Drifting

Originally Posted by Domobomb
Hey guys, I am thinking about these fiero seats. I am looking at a set of used seats for $80.

How much more comfortable are the fiero seats vs the c3 seats?

I am kind of tall, about 6'-1, but I have the glass ttops, which I think give a little more room.

Think I will be ok head room wise going to fiero seats? Can anyone tell me exactly how much head room I'd lose using fiero seats on c3 rails.

Thanks.

Edit: How noticeable are the speaker holes in real life? Do they detract much?
Fiero seat are much more comfortable and have more support. But you do lose headroom.

I am almost 6.1 and can not use the t top liners anymore so I went with glass tops. I clear those so its all good.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:37 PM
learje
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey dont feel bad about 'stealin' the color combo, i sstole it right off mr mikes site

mine are taller than the originals, but some of that is from nothin bein left of mine old ones but a ratty black skin over the springs. the foam was all but gone
Old 07-05-2012, 11:41 PM
den(thevetteman)78
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My Fiero seats are the best mod i've made on my corvette. Got a set for 75 $ and had the the seats redone with white leather.

I have those seats now for over 8 years in my '78 and they look just like the first day.
Before i did the swap i had never seen a corvette with Fiero seats before. I was looking for a set of corbeau seats but couldn't get them in white so i started to look at the junk yard for something that could fit in my corvette that i could redo with white leather and i stopped my eyes on those Fiero seats . I remember going back with a mesuring tape to make sure that it would fit. I've done my own track modifications to fit my car. Now there's hundred's of corvettes that have those seats.

Last edited by den(thevetteman)78; 07-05-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Fiero seats?

Old 07-05-2012, 11:52 PM
shank0668
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They look good in C3s, never knew people did this. I only have Fiero seats in my Fiero.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:38 PM
eck5150
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would you be able to show those pics of the tracks and provide any details and directions? I'm a tall guy and the brackets wont work for me. Thanks!!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:00 AM
Domobomb
Racer

Can you explain this to me? I have fiero seats in the corvette, but I have 0 headroom basically. The fiero rails were a lot taller than the c3 rails.

I have the seats bolted to the c3 rails right now.

Quick Reply: Fiero seats?