Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the Story behind your C3?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2024, 05:08 PM
azcorvette79
6th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Back in late 78, my Grandpa in MN found out he had cancer. He farmed... from what I know now it was due to the crop pesticide. He met and married my Grandpa in G. Britain when he was in WWII. He brought her here. They were madly in love, for years. When he found out he had cancer, he ordered a corvette for her (79) as a testament of his love for her .. something he could remember him with after he was gone. New from the factory... She put it in the barn shed. She got re-married about ten years later to a British dude, he didn't like corvettes much at all, he and her drove it to San Fran once from MN and then threw it back in the shed. Had last service done at the Chevy dealer in 2003 (33,800 miles I have the receipt in the glove), last registered in 2009, it's now 2024. My grandpa passed in 2019, willed my step grandpa the car then, he died 2023. He willed the car to me.. I had a hauler pick it up last week from the same barn shed in MN. I didn't have the keys (Trust couldn't find them) so I had a mechanic replace the ignition, put a new battery in. It started, up there anyways. Once it got here a few days later, it wouldn't start/run... under the car by the passenger front tire is a rag that's loped around what looks like a hose (evap line?) IDK if it needs a fuel pump, replaced line, it's sitting on the street in front of my house here in Arizona now and I entertain 3-4 folks a day randomly knocking on my door. I can't seem to find a shop that will touch anything older than a 96 vehicle. So I'm stuck trying to find someone who can actually throw it on a hoist and tell me what it needs. I plan on keeping it garaged, covered, etc. I have insurance through Haggerty on it now.

The car still has the original tires, L48, 350 small block, 4-speed, t-tops. It's in spectacular shape with 34,000 miles. So between 2003 and now (2024) they only put 200 mi on it.
The following 2 users liked this post by azcorvette79:
BarrelCurve (04-01-2024), lickahotskillet (04-19-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 10:02 PM
Eliredandblack
Drifting

Received 435 Likes on 364 Posts

Google Local Corvette Clubs and make contact with some of the members, they will know of reputable shops that work on Corvettes and vintage cars. Also try searching for Vintage Car Clubs in your area. Welcome to the Hobby.
The following 2 users liked this post by Eliredandblack:
azcorvette79 (04-01-2024), BarrelCurve (04-01-2024)

Quick Reply: Whats the Story behind your C3?