C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever looked up history of their Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 02:27 PM
Corvette_Summer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever looked up history of their Corvette?

wondering if its possible, I know they have carfax for newer cars but im wondering if theres a true way to find out the past ownership of my `79. id like to see when/why things were swapped and done to the car. it may sound silly but ive so far found I have the engine out of someone else's 74 in my 79

I know its a long shot at best but i wondered since i have this VIN off the engine for the 74, maybe someone else out there has what came from mine or maybe that person is wondering where thier numbers matching engine went.

not only that but it sure looks like some guy who was very dangerous with a screwdriver got a hold of mine and never put back the screws to the dash. not to mention the fact very few screws there match anything to do with a car much less a corvette

oh well, just wondered
Old 07-31-2012, 02:42 PM
blckslvr79
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nope. No way to know what happened.

I can tell you one thing though....

Looks like Bubba owned your car as well as mine at some point.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:48 PM
Corvette_Summer
Advanced

Originally Posted by blckslvr79
Nope. No way to know what happened.

I can tell you one thing though....

Looks like Bubba owned your car as well as mine at some point.

I've seen Bubba signature all over the place
Old 07-31-2012, 02:59 PM
jesse10886
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bubba!!!

I don't think bubba owned my vette I think he was the drunk assembly line Friday worker who built my vette > too many annoyances to get into but yeah my vette has bubba in it everywhere
Old 07-31-2012, 07:57 PM
71redskin
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i first purchased my vette i got in touch with the second and third owner. heard some wonderful stories...
Old 07-31-2012, 08:21 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I'm not sure how it works for you gentlemen; but up here whenever you buy a used car, you get the entire ownership history of the car(as long as it was bought and sold up here of course). You can see the dates of registration, as well as the name of the previous owner and the city where they lived. This coupled with GM vintage services out of Oshawa, Ontario can give you basically everything right back to the day she was born.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:23 PM
Corvette_Summer
Advanced

Originally Posted by briankeery
I'm not sure how it works for you gentlemen; but up here whenever you buy a used car, you get the entire ownership history of the car(as long as it was bought and sold up here of course). You can see the dates of registration, as well as the name of the previous owner and the city where they lived. This coupled with GM vintage services out of Oshawa, Ontario can give you basically everything right back to the day she was born.
That would be cool to see that. The more I'm getting into this refresh the more I think mine was a frankenvette!

One things for sure, the last bubba working on mine had no screws to work with and plenty of access to the hardware store screw bin for the few he put back.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:33 PM
blckslvr79
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Hoser! You suck!

That would be really cool.
Down South here, we're lucky to know who the previous owner was. Let alone the car history.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

...I'm not sure how it works for you gentlemen; but up here whenever you buy a used car, you get the entire ownership history of the car...the name of the previous owner and the city where they lived...
Down here, all of what you get is protected by confidentiality laws.

Summer: do you have any documentation with the car? Start with the previous owner and see what he/she might have.

Last edited by Easy Mike; 08-01-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Chavlik
Advanced

I have the honor of knowing the entire history of mine. My sister bought it brand new in 80and then gave it to me since she never used it anymore. I know you are jealous. 27000 original miles when I got it in May and now almost 30K. She loves to be back on the road promoting the "WAVE". I love my sister! lol
Old 08-01-2012, 05:17 PM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 295 Likes on 237 Posts

I bought my `73 in Dana Point, CA from the owner of 33 years. In addition to most of the original documentation on the car, he also has just about every receipt (except gas) from day one.

It was a pretty hefty digest to go through, but lots of fun to see what was done to the car over the years and get the specs on the engine/tranny rebuild.

I'm fairly certain I found my red 64 air coupe for sale in the C2 section - - but I'd love to find my first `73 coupe from back in tehd ay. I periodically run through the C3 registry and Google search the VIN- but no luck.

I sold the car to another cop in Columbus and I heard one of the Firestone Steel radial 500's blew and took off a front fender- I dunno, maybe they junked it- but I'd love to find it again.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone ever looked up history of their Corvette?

Quick Reply: Anyone ever looked up history of their Corvette?