Sponsored by:

Headlight Modification

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 10:21 PM
scottyp99
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Raphiki
That's the headlight mod I was asking about about a year ago. They are modified square buckets with Camaro headlights. I like the look because the lights only went up to where the outside cover is level.

Normally, I do not like any of the custom headlights that I see on C3 'vettes, but this...........I think I really like it!!!!

Scott
Old 01-17-2012, 08:24 AM
ylose
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Raphiki
Putting them in the grills can offer its own problems. In many states headlights in the grill don't meet the height requirements. Looks good but can be a problem to drive at night.
I understand that concern, but with my daily driver I use the fog lights.....much better road illumination. And yes, my main headlights are adjusted correctly.

[Rant]As to the laws......my headlights lowered 6-8" should be their last concern, we have 4x4s jacked up so high they have bumpers even with my vette roof. Don't get me started on their semi exhaust stacks 2" from their cab windows either......... And this is usually all done on a lousy 1/2 ton pickup. My 3/4 ton I don't even do that to. [Rant over]
Old 01-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Raphiki
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Headlight laws don't usually make any sense. They put in minimum heights but don't seem to care about how high they are. Until a few years ago HID lights were illegal in many states so they weren't installed on any American cars. They're laws - they don't have to make sense!
Old 09-22-2012, 11:10 PM
Nasti12
Advanced

it's Sept. and no one has updated this thread so, I sent off an email today. I'll let you know what, if anything, I find out.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Frank_Nesta
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

OK, I needed a push and you accomplished it!

Since I started this thing. I thought that I would send Vette Magazine a e-mail to see if they were interested in seeing if they could get John Drahos of Corvette Conspiracy to do an article. Lets see if that goes any place??

If not I am still interested and may have to make this a project. I am a few weeks of completing my 1977 restro-rod which has consumed just over a year. And I have to catch up on all the honey do's and home projects I have ignored for the last year. But, have some idea's how this might work and will start collecting parts. Hopefully Vette Magazine will pull through before I get that far???
Old 09-24-2012, 05:30 PM
adam
Drifting

This looks similar.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/pts/3276682006.html
Old 09-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Frank_Nesta
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

They are similar it is the height that is the difference and that changes the linkage that is what opens and closes the headlights. I have a set to the square bezels just in case I get that far and can modify the height of the bezels??? I am thinking of buying a set of those in the Craig list link you posted. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Nasti12
Advanced

Here is the info I received:
Jerry

we're looking at possible working on a kit conversion over the winter months in between the rest of our projects...........I'll try to keep you posted......because these units are motor driven it'll be a complete replacement piece, take out your original assy and replace with this unit..........

Thanks for the continued interest.

John
Old 09-28-2012, 11:32 AM
80Baby
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Ward
I'm not a custom guy by any stretch of the imagination, but that light set up is the best looking I've ever seen. Very cool
I'm with Mike on this one. Although I'm modifying the mechanics of my '80, I'm keeping the look of the car stock. But I really like this headlight mod. I'm glad that I've already rebuilt my stock pop-up headlights because this look would have made me reconsider.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:23 AM
dgr72vette
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A couple of pics I took at Carlisle in '09

Quick Reply: Headlight Modification