C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had to put my Vette to sleep last night...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Scottd
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Had to put my Vette to sleep last night...

Last night was a sad, sad night for me. Assisted by a Spaten Mini keg and some very loud music, I cleaned up my garage and prepared to button up my vette.....for the next 12 months. Im getting deployed at the end of the month and hes just going to sit in my garage waiting. I cant tell you how depressing it is to know Im not going to be able to work on this car for the next year. This SUCKS!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 01-08-2012, 06:46 PM
SPC Meyer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know how you feel, I've had my Vette for two years and only drivin it around five times, just got back from Iraq and I'll be leavin for the stan in the next year, Maybe some day.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Bob Dunworth
Cruising

To both of you...thanks for your service. USAF prior service (9 years). Thanks for your sacrifice (yes, even saying goodbye to the vette).
Old 01-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Lupigiato
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Dunworth
To both of you...thanks for your service. USAF prior service (9 years). Thanks for your sacrifice (yes, even saying goodbye to the vette).
Old 01-08-2012, 07:07 PM
LAddams
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for your service,good hunting and heres to a safe return to your home and car.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Scottd
Drifting

Originally Posted by SPC Meyer
I know how you feel, I've had my Vette for two years and only drivin it around five times, just got back from Iraq and I'll be leavin for the stan in the next year, Maybe some day.
Thanks man. Ive been in forever, but this will be my first deployment so Im pretty nervous. We got boned with the Kuwait mission. Its going to be like a damn 9 month long NTC rotation. I dont even know where to start getting ready for this deployment, and being full time National Guard means Ill be working (with no time off to prep my personal affairs) right up until the day we MOB.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:18 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Good luck and be safe.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:27 PM
SPC Meyer
Advanced

Originally Posted by Scottd
Thanks man. Ive been in forever, but this will be my first deployment so Im pretty nervous. We got boned with the Kuwait mission. Its going to be like a damn 9 month long NTC rotation. I dont even know where to start getting ready for this deployment, and being full time National Guard means Ill be working (with no time off to prep my personal affairs) right up until the day we MOB.
Kuwait? dude that sucks, you need to go active and reclass, go scout or infantry, scouts the best though, I just came from kuwait, every camp is packed. your never gonna feel the greatest feelin in the world bein NG, bein behind that 50cal scannin for targets.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:27 PM
vetteguy75
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
LA Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Bob Dunworth
To both of you...thanks for your service. Thanks for your sacrifice (yes, even saying goodbye to the vette).
Old 01-08-2012, 07:34 PM
fanmanbd
Racer

Stay safe and Thanks!
Old 01-08-2012, 07:59 PM
427Hotrod
Race Director

Received 1,895 Likes on 923 Posts
2020 C2 of the Year - Modified Winner
2020 Corvette of the Year (performance mods)
C2 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019
2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Hey...we'll all be here when you get a chance to get on line!! We'll help you find all sorts of ways to spend your $$$ when you get back home!

Seriously...thanks for what you do.

BTW- what all did you do to put it in hibernation?

Tape up exhaust pipes? Critters love to get up in there.
Drain fuel? Or use some Stabil or something?
Unhook battery? Remove it and keep on a tender?
*Fog* motor with some oil down the intake while shutting it down?

JIM
Old 01-08-2012, 08:30 PM
scottw
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Save that tax free and hostile fire pay. It adds up in the end. I got back a few months ago and used my deployment money for a new engine.

I hear you SPC Meyer. I've had the car 10 years and have driven it five seasons. The other five, making deployment money to do more work when I got back.

Good luck and be safe. Hit the gym. Unless we go back, you should have a pretty easy, but borning, deployment. BTW, that's not a bad thing.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:37 PM
SPC Meyer
Advanced

Dont even worry about preparing for Kuwait, everything you need is there. Do you know what camp your going to? Ive been to 3, and every one of them was real nice. prepare for the heat though, I never really knew what hot was till Kuwait, 148 degrees with 100% humidity, thats crippling heat. I dont know what your MOS is but try to volunteer for follow on missions, you never know where you'll end up.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:15 PM
G-Sting
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Thanks gentlemen for your sacrifice and service on behalf of our freedoms.

Fight hard. Stay strong.

Godspeed.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Scottd
Drifting

Originally Posted by SPC Meyer
Kuwait? dude that sucks, you need to go active and reclass, go scout or infantry, scouts the best though, I just came from kuwait, every camp is packed. your never gonna feel the greatest feelin in the world bein NG, bein behind that 50cal scannin for targets.
My current MOS's- 19D, 11B, 45B, 79T , currently 31B.....I did my time active with the 2 ACR just after the Gulf War. Trust me man, one day you will get sick of the active duty run around and ETS....then you will miss it and just want a part time taste of it and go Guard or Reserves. The Guard isnt a bad deal, its biggest problem is part time leadership cant get their heads out of their asses and just run us NCO's to death. Full time guard is a double edged sword.....no, I dont have to deal with the nuances of active duty (like daily PT and formations and such) but I also lack the support an AD unit has it often takes me 10 times as long to get the things I need.

So, what I did to put it to sleep.....tank full of gas with a ton of stabilizer. I never got a chance to run the treated gas into the carb, but I plan on a new carb once I get back. Battery is unhooked, car is sitting on wheel dollies. Thats about it.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:31 PM
SPC Meyer
Advanced

My current MOS's- 19D, 11B, 45B, 79T , currently 31B.....I did my time active with the 2 ACR just after the Gulf War. Trust me man, one day you will get sick of the active duty run around and ETS....then you will miss it and just want a part time taste of it and go Guard or Reserves. The Guard isnt a bad deal, its biggest problem is part time leadership cant get their heads out of their asses and just run us NCO's to death. Full time guard is a double edged sword.....no, I dont have to deal with the nuances of active duty (like daily PT and formations and such) but I also lack the support an AD unit has it often takes me 10 times as long to get the things I need.

So, what I did to put it to sleep.....tank full of gas with a ton of stabilizer. I never got a chance to run the treated gas into the carb, but I plan on a new carb once I get back. Battery is unhooked, car is sitting on wheel dollies. Thats about it.
Yeah I'm gettin tired of it, I'm probably gonna join the Ohio NG after this contract, two deployments is enough for me. Time to settle down with the kids. But, anyway try to have fun.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Nickcon78
Heel & Toe

Be safe and Thanks for your service!

Get notified of new replies

To Had to put my Vette to sleep last night...

Old 01-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Mako72
Melting Slicks

Received 698 Likes on 318 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2018 C3 of Year Finalist

Old 01-08-2012, 10:07 PM
C3 4ME
Le Mans Master

Received 430 Likes on 308 Posts

Thank you very much for your service. I put mine up on stands Friday night for probably about a month of winter cleaning and minor repairs. I can't imagine putting one up for a year. Good luck and be safe!
Old 01-08-2012, 11:31 PM
larryg3
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickcon78
Be safe and Thanks for your service!

Quick Reply: Had to put my Vette to sleep last night...