Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 Project MENACE. Custom '72 convertible

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 08:25 AM
SuprJames
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That's just the core support and body mounts. Not sure I've ever seen a car that didn't have a rusted out core support.

Project looks awesome! I really love the front splitter and that you have to look for all of the modifications to the body. I think this thing is going to be unbelievable when it is finished.

Not sure what you're looking for for tail lights, but Corvette Central makes these: http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb....Z5Z5Z50000050G

They are stock replacement LED's. You can see them in this video at the 20 sec. mark and 10:10 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaFtpaaXBCE
Old 01-30-2012, 11:50 AM
bowtie racing
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DTM632
i think i can not upload photos... see what you think of these renderings on heartlands blog that they keep up for my build....

http://blog.heartlandcustoms.us/

If there are some enthousiasts to see more of this build here.. let me know and ill see to upgrade my account so i can upload photos

hope you guys like it....

let me know...

I really like the rendering, leds ,interior and the ZR1 brakes and suspension. But why you are going with old school engine with it??

You could get easily same power of build LS9, perfect match with the rest of car. But that's just my two cents
Old 01-30-2012, 04:39 PM
DTM632
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SuprJames
That's just the core support and body mounts. Not sure I've ever seen a car that didn't have a rusted out core support.

Project looks awesome! I really love the front splitter and that you have to look for all of the modifications to the body. I think this thing is going to be unbelievable when it is finished.

Not sure what you're looking for for tail lights, but Corvette Central makes these: http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb....Z5Z5Z50000050G

They are stock replacement LED's. You can see them in this video at the 20 sec. mark and 10:10 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaFtpaaXBCE
thx for all compliments!!

For the LED's its clear.. the Elise tail lights you see are bought and in possesion of heartland now.. it was just a bit different then i thought before.. But it still works for me..
Old 01-30-2012, 04:49 PM
DTM632
Instructor

Originally Posted by bowtie racing
I really like the rendering, leds ,interior and the ZR1 brakes and suspension. But why you are going with old school engine with it??

You could get easily same power of build LS9, perfect match with the rest of car. But that's just my two cents
that is what sometimes goes trough my mind... but i wanted to give this car that MENACING beasty feeling.. But i agree that later we get more to the high tech level and the LS9 would be an option...

But the hightech will be a lot about the efficiency.. NRE engines are not just Big Blocks.....

But seeing this video (simular engine but than polished and mine will be black) it gives me the feelint that this is a good choice as well..

http://youtu.be/iJeYEAlPlak
Old 01-30-2012, 06:12 PM
TurboStitchCW
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I admit, I was skeptical about this whole thread at first...(no offense intended) I was thinking this was just some punk kid that wanted attention and was saying they were going to have a car built to the renderings that were posted and then was just going to start posting excuses as to why things weren't getting done and eventually just drop off of the forum altogether.....I've seen it happen on other forums.

That being said: Now that I actually see stuff happening with this, I am really excited about it and can't wait to see Project MENACE come together and hoping to see her head to SEMA this year. Good luck with everything! I am always looking forward to seeing new posts from you, DTM!

One more thing, that engine is a BEAST!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:43 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

WOW!!! That is some very serious hot car ****!!!! Love it!!!

Is your engine going to be EFI?

As for the Elise tail lights, what about using 4 without the reverse lights to give you the 4 LED circles you are looking for? Mount some reverse lights under the bumper like a 68 vette has them.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:49 AM
jesse10886
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy **** that thing is amazing
Old 01-31-2012, 07:34 AM
C3Paul
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi,
I know you have decided on the Lotus lights now, but I have fitted these LED lights to my 1980.

They work as:
Inner/outer ‘outer rings’ Tail light, outer ‘inner ring’ brake light, inner ‘inner ring’ fog light, Outer middle indicator, Inner middle reverse light.

Only problem with this light that the inner light is Amber= Good for indicator, but I had to settle with Amber reverse light.
Hope it makes sense.

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/product/1...Indicator_RL35

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/category/...lusters,b.html

If you need pics of the light on the car, let me know

BTW, Lovely project

Last edited by C3Paul; 01-31-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:53 PM
DTM632
Instructor

Originally Posted by TurboStitchCW
I admit, I was skeptical about this whole thread at first...(no offense intended) I was thinking this was just some punk kid that wanted attention and was saying they were going to have a car built to the renderings that were posted and then was just going to start posting excuses as to why things weren't getting done and eventually just drop off of the forum altogether.....I've seen it happen on other forums.

That being said: Now that I actually see stuff happening with this, I am really excited about it and can't wait to see Project MENACE come together and hoping to see her head to SEMA this year. Good luck with everything! I am always looking forward to seeing new posts from you, DTM!

One more thing, that engine is a BEAST!!!
Originally Posted by 7t2vette

WOW!!! That is some very serious hot car ****!!!! Love it!!!

Is your engine going to be EFI?

As for the Elise tail lights, what about using 4 without the reverse lights to give you the 4 LED circles you are looking for? Mount some reverse lights under the bumper like a 68 vette has them.

Originally Posted by jesse10886
Holy **** that thing is amazing
thx for all the compliments to the car... about the questions..

yes its the EFI with Alien intake of NRE... exactly the machine on the Youtube video... Tom nelson prommissed to make a video of the dyno.. if he does that, ill show it..

yes two of the same sets of elise lights were possible.. but i got these now, and i kind a like this as well.. if it completely doesnt look right in real, ill order some extra of the outer ones.

grtz, Dennis

Last edited by DTM632; 01-31-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:31 PM
DTM632
Instructor

Default Body situation after soda blasting..

here the pictures of the body after the soda blast. it does not look good .. There is much damage and the body was in horrible condition under all that paint and bondo. This car has been wrecked in the past from the rear and has had a tire explosion in the past that shredded the left rear fender. The body has lots of damage and had been repaired with wood and card board.

At this moment it is hard to imagine that this wreck will be the MENACED C3 i have in mind... But no worries... It is in the hands of Jeff Page from heartland customs and all will be fixed and ill keep it posted here...

Old 02-10-2012, 05:40 AM
DTM632
Instructor

Default Nice Designwall.....

Nice Designwall.....

Old 02-10-2012, 09:10 AM
dboz
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would it not have been cheaper to just have the Custom shop buy you a car here instead of shipping it in from Holland and back?

What are you using for the seats?
Old 02-10-2012, 09:17 AM
DTM632
Instructor

Originally Posted by dboz
Would it not have been cheaper to just have the Custom shop buy you a car here instead of shipping it in from Holland and back?

What are you using for the seats?
absolutely... but then there will be a problem with getting the car back to holland... Now it is a Dutch car and easier to get back on the road in holland...

Donor seats will be recaro as it seems now..

Last edited by DTM632; 02-10-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:31 AM
DTM632
Instructor

Originally Posted by 7t2vette
I just drooled - I mean looked - at your renderings again, and noticed something I didn't before. Are those C6 front and rear marker lights? I like them!
didnt answer this one yet... yes they are..
Old 02-12-2012, 01:23 PM
CorvetteFirstTimer
Instructor

I love it. It is definitely an awesome spin-off from the original. I'm not trying to be mean, but I don't like the idea of the audi led's on the head lights. Some times when people do this to a car, they can go overboard and it may look tacky. In this case, I don't think you went overboard on anything else but the led's Other than that, I love it and can't wait to see it.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:27 PM
DTM632
Instructor

Default Original chassis for sale...

Somebody interested in the original rolling chassis, engine, transmission.

Also for sale the original hood.

Please send me a message if youre seriously interested...
Old 02-13-2012, 02:42 PM
DTM632
Instructor

Originally Posted by CorvetteFirstTimer
I love it. It is definitely an awesome spin-off from the original. I'm not trying to be mean, but I don't like the idea of the audi led's on the head lights. Some times when people do this to a car, they can go overboard and it may look tacky. In this case, I don't think you went overboard on anything else but the led's Other than that, I love it and can't wait to see it.
Its true that i have to be carefull that the LED wont look cheap.. I discussed it allready with Jeff from heartland customs and he has some ideas to have it look real original style. The goal is to have it look real badass and if that can not be achieved than the leds will be deleted there..

Get notified of new replies

To C3 Project MENACE. Custom '72 convertible

Old 02-14-2012, 03:03 PM
JUIC3D
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Tech Contributor
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14

Awesome project! It looks like a handful but wow, I bet it will turn out great.

I didn't see it mentioned in the thread though--any comment on, for lack of a better term, ripping off the design of the speedo/tach/gauges from the Lambo Aventador?

The rest of the car seems so custom, the idea of using another manufacturers design seems cheesy, no?

Old 02-14-2012, 03:15 PM
DTM632
Instructor

Originally Posted by Justinjor
Awesome project! It looks like a handful but wow, I bet it will turn out great.

I didn't see it mentioned in the thread though--any comment on, for lack of a better term, ripping off the design of the speedo/tach/gauges from the Lambo Aventador?

The rest of the car seems so custom, the idea of using another manufacturers design seems cheesy, no?

thx

about that lambo gauge.. never saw this before.. But i see it as a compliment that it looks bit the same.. but to be true.. mine is nice but cant beat this.. Fun thing is that i saw a youtube movie some time ago with a ferrari gauge that also was the same..

For me it would not be a problem to admit that it was based on lambo or ferrari.. but it just isnt.. not on purpose..

For example the fenders in the hood are based on Aston martin, the custom fender grills on the new MB SL, air activated spoiler will be bit like SLR AMG and some interior parts on the MB SLS... no problem with inspiration on these cars
Old 02-14-2012, 03:18 PM
JUIC3D
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Tech Contributor
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14

I'm not saying the whole car is based on something else--just the gauge cluster. I love the design of the Aventador gauges, but I think your guy could do better than blatantly ripping off the design of another car.

That's just my $.02 though.

I think it's a killer project and when it is complete, it will be an amazing piece of machinery that will provide endless smiles.

Quick Reply: C3 Project MENACE. Custom '72 convertible