C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

advanced auto parts brake booster and master???

Old 11-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Sully1882
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default advanced auto parts brake booster and master???

has anyone bought parts from advanced before? They have some great prices on calipers and booster/master combo. Wondering about fit and everything with our cars.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...RPBRHYAMS_____

TIA,

Sully
Old 11-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Frankenvette
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I purchased my front calipers from either advance or autozone about 10 years ago and have never had any issues with them. They were rebuilt delco's. I think Cardone is simply a remanufacturer of parts but not 100% positive.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:16 PM
929nitro
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

I bought my 4 calipers and master cylinder from Autozone about a year ago, no issues. Half the time I buy from Advanced around here something doesn't fit.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:11 PM
70BBvert
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Bought that setup for my 70. Not gonna get factory correct, but it will be functional. Fit my car fine & when the master started leaking after a few years it was replaced under their lifetime warranty, no questions asked.

I did have to remove the entire booster & master assembly though

Just make sure you save your original receipt.

Jim
Old 11-04-2011, 05:46 PM
corvetteload
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I work for Advance Auto part time, and I wouldn't buy anything from them mechanical, I go to another place for that kind of stuff and they give it to me at commercial prices. You wouldn't believe how much stuff comes back and people use the term "junk" quite often to describe the parts. I purchase the "can't go wrong" stuff there, like oil, wax, lube sprays, filters, only the name brand stuff, would never get an alternator or starter from them, too many returns!!! Oh yeah, and stay away from the Anchor motor mounts and trans mount, 100% "JUNK"
Old 11-05-2011, 10:52 AM
vairxpert
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Been using them for years in my Vette. After 2 or 3 years the calipers would tend to leak after winter storage and they would be replaced for free. I think they started putting stainless sleeves in them as I haven't had that problem in ages.

You want to order from their website for Will Call Pickup. Web site prices are cheaper than store prices. On top of that you must google search for a coupon code. Don't just use the first one you find, look around for the best deal. You can often save 50% or more over the same parts that Autozone sells.

As an example, last year I bought a new 4 Seasons compressor for my Bravada for far less than Autozone's rebuilt units.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:47 PM
bluthundr
Burning Brakes

Received 172 Likes on 125 Posts

Bought all my calipers from Oreilly about 10 years ago - lifetime warranty. I have had 1 leak, brought it back with the receipt and it was no problem.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Roco71
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought that setup two years ago and have had no problems.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:26 AM
pltmgr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 358 Likes on 215 Posts

I have bought many parts from Advance Auto over the years and never had any problems. They usually carry the same part from multiple sources so you can have input on quality. I've become "friends" with some of the car enthusiasts that work at my Advance Auto and they help me quite a bit.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:14 AM
75 Red Vert
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My master cylinder and both rear calipers are from Advance. No problems in the 3 years that they have been on. Just make sure you get the right parts. Manual brake master cylinder is different from power brake. A lot of the kids at the counter don't know the difference.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Frankenvette
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 75 Red Vert
My master cylinder and both rear calipers are from Advance. No problems in the 3 years that they have been on. Just make sure you get the right parts. Manual brake master cylinder is different from power brake. A lot of the kids at the counter don't know the difference.
I always try to find the correct part number online first. Then when I arrive at the store I simply tell them what part number I would like to purchase. Ensures that I've done my own research instead of relying on someone behind the counter.

Get notified of new replies

To advanced auto parts brake booster and master???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: advanced auto parts brake booster and master???